5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable
This is the 4th Sandra Hill book i've read and it is unbelieveblly funny. I have never laughed as much as I did with this one. The scene where Ettienne and Harriet making love in a cofin was hilarious.
Published on 23 Aug 2000 by J COFFMAN

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, not great
The plot was good, but then I love time travel romances. There were some very good parts, but alot of the book was boring, and the only way I could get through it was to skim through the book and read the good parts only. The fact that Hariett was a psychistrist was interesting and so was her going around hypnotising people. I'd liked the fact that there were...
Published on 25 April 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 23 Aug 2000
J COFFMAN "Jackie" (Solihull, West Midlands, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweeter Savage Love (Love Spell timeswept romance: Legendary lovers) (Mass Market Paperback)
The sex was red hot, trying out all those female fantasies Harriet wrote about. The dumb-man jokes made me howl with laughter. Even Harriet's constant talking didn't detract from the story. I know some readers thought she talked to much, but I found it added to the story. Ettienne might have been a real MCP, but he is wonderfully sexy.
I,m so glad Sandra bought back James and Selene and the rest of Etiennes family in this book. It was great to catch up on their lives. Cain and Abel are just as adorable as Etienne. They got into just as many scrapes as Etienne did.
I hope this is not the end of the Baptiste family, please write some more books Sandra. You have plenty of scope with Etienne's brothers and sisters. Thank you for a brilliant book Sandra.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was excellent., 18 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I read Outlaw Viking by Mrs.Hill and I thought it was really good, but this book was excellent. It was well written and the jokes were something else.!!! I am so glad Etiene came to his senses at the end of the book and came for Harriet. This is an A+ book. I recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Savor every minute of it..., 18 Jun 1998
By A Customer
I've never read "Sweet Savage Love," so I'm sure I didn't gain much from all the, no doubt, smart parallels. None-the-less, I truly enjoyed reading this novel. I'd read "Frankly My Dear..." and was I ever surprised to see the name Baptiste on her latest novel. Naturally, I had to find out what James' naughty little boy had gotten himself into. Like father like son, these two rogues fight the battle of falling in love with a woman much ahead of their time. I'm not much for time-travel stories, but Hill allows you to suspend logic long enough to read straight through to the end (which, I might add, is the purpose of a good romance novel: to entertain). "Sweeter Savage Love" made me laugh, brought me to tears, and never let me put it down. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars I really did laugh out loud - a lot!, 1 Feb 1998
By A Customer
I found this book on one of the AMAZON romance editors recommended lists and it truly was a laugh out loud book. (Pretty much everything I found on that list was good.) If you can start to wrap your mind around the idea of a modern woman psychologist telling a 1870's Southern male 'dumb men' jokes to relieve tension, you can start to get the feel of this writer's humor. Lots of reviews, especially by the publishers, say a book is funny, but mildly amusing is more like it. However, this book is a hoot. Read it. And have fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun reading, 22 July 1999
By A Customer
I wonder if it is true that women fantasy about forceful seduction, then I must be the exception. There are several romantic authors who describe scenes containing what I call brute force seduction, almost rape. In those cases it is difficult to finish the book and I don't understand how the heroine falls in love instead of dumping the jerk. However, in this case the heroine is dying to have her way with the hero, and he understands when the lady says 'no'. Harriet gets a bit irritating, going on and on about forceful seduction, with the funny jokes, and calling Etienne a jerk. If he is a jerk, he is an adorable one. I liked the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story. Real Characters you can identify with!!, 20 May 1998
By A Customer
I haven't cried or cared about characters in a book for a long while. What a great story. Sweeter Savage Love by Sandra Hill. Ettienne and Harriet -- what a couple. What a passionate love story. So real are the characters, that you can not help but laugh, cry and feel real emotions. I recommend reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars wasnt as good as frankly my dear, 11 Nov 2012
Z. Dillon (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I preferred the characters in frankly my dear and wish they had been featured more in this book. It was still sparky and funny and well written though and NEARLY made me laugh as much

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensual, Sassy and Funny, 3 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book, good characters, humour is great (even the dumb men jokes!) - you will find yourself laughing out loud. If you have not read a Sandra Hill book before (and I hadn't), you will end up looking for more of her books to read and keep on your bookcase

5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper!, 21 July 1998
By A Customer
Sandra Hill has just acquired a new fan. This is the second book of hers I've read. It's been a long time since I was this entertained by a book. I loved the dumb men jokes! The characters remind me of people I know they're so real. Thanks for a wonderful story, Ms. Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like dumb men jokes..., 27 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This is it! the lady is great; I laugh till I cried. When I read "Frankly , my dear" I though that nothing could go beyond this one, but Ms. Hill did it! Etienne is wonderful -- of course he comes from good stock! You will fall in love with the characters.

Sweeter Savage Love (Love Spell timeswept romance: Legendary lovers)
Sweeter Savage Love (Love Spell timeswept romance: Legendary lovers) by Sandra Hill (Mass Market Paperback - 28 Sep 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01