5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEPTIONAL IN EVERY WAY
Published on 14 Jan 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Opinions and facts....
Published on 11 Dec 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEPTIONAL IN EVERY WAY, 14 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I am a life-long reader of science-fiction and fantasy and have just started reading romances. This book took me by surprise. After reading it, I went out and got her other books in the series (and any other book by her that I could find) and have to say that I loved the romance aspects of the books but was more than pleasantly surprised at the depth of expertise she showed with the science-fiction fantasy elements which carried through not one but three books. The plotting is very rich and subtle while being seamlessly interwoven. There are intricate layers to these books and they are expertly executed. The characters are no cardboard cut-outs, they have hidden angles and motives and, in my opinion, were masterfully drawn. This woman knows fantasy and science fiction and she postivelyknows her science. If you doubt it- just read a book by her called HIGH ENERGY. Her hero is not simply labeled a physicist, he IS a physicist. My friend's husband, who is a physicist, said that Tyber was right on the money. (By the way, this man also loved the Matrix books) I think Dara Joy is the first person to write true cross-over fiction and one of the best new voices to come out in years. I am anxious to see what she has in store for us as she goes on. Many of my friends who are avid science fiction readers, both male and female, have picked up her Matrix series and loved them. Now that is saying something!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorgin is........WOW, 18 Sep 2000
J COFFMAN "Jackie" (Solihull, West Midlands, England.) - See all my reviews
I wished I had a bad day like Deana had and found Lorgin at the end of it. This man is everything a woman looks for in a lover. Passionate doesn't cover it. The sex scene's are electrifying. They will make you sizzle when you read them.
This book is the first I have read of this type and it is magnificent. I loved the way Dara developes the characters and storyline, feeding you bits of the plot at a time. Rejar, Lorgin's brother is just as sexy, but in a different sort of way. His story comes next in REJAR. I loved Yaniff. He's a very crafty old man. See if you can spot him away from his home planet. He pop's up in a couple of different places. Finally Traed, he does need his own story. I have the first 3 books in the series (i'm just starting Rejar's) and Traed's story is not one of them. Please Dara don't leave him out. Make his number 4, and please make it fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars DARA JOY IS WONDERFUL!, 23 July 1999
By A Customer
I think Dara Joy has an amazing imagination. I like the futuristic genre, but I find that sometimes the author's complicated the explaination of things too much. I love Dara Joy's writing style. She is very humorous and romantic. I think it's terrific that she allows the characters to get to know one another as they fall in love. I'm sad to say that a lot of authors now days just write about people in lust that think they are in love. Don't get me wrong Dara Joy's stories are very sensual, but she also gives the reader a couple with substance. I love Dara Joy and her MATRIX series. Be sure you read "REJAR" AND "MINE TO TAKE" they are terrific as well. All three stories have been beautiful so far! Dara keep up the great work!
P.S. Who is going to be next? Traid, Dariq or maybe you'll go back and tell Krue's story?

5.0 out of 5 stars one on the best books i have read in a long time, 13 Dec 1999
By A Customer
what can i say.. i took a couple of days off of work to do my christmas shopping.. i dropped the children off to school.. went back home to do some housework.. I picked this book up just to read a couple of pages while i had a cup of tea.. well that was it.. no christmans shopping was done no housework or laundry I nearly forgot to pick up the children from school.. I even sent my husband out to get a take away baucase i did'nt want to put this book down.. this book had everything, adventure, romance, hot sex, love. I have never laughed so much when reading a romance.. my children kept asking what was so funny? i did not put this book down from start to finish... as soon as i finished this book i went stright on the net to order any other dara joy books i could find.
Angie.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEET & SEXY, HOT, HOT, 30 July 1999
By A Customer
I just love Dara Joy's books. She has a talent for jump-starting a reader's imagination. She will pull you into the world or worlds she has created. In Knight of a Trillion Stars, the main characters, Lorgin and Deana literally have sparks flying from one to the other. The adventures (and activities) of these characters will have you cheering them on.The secondary characters of her books will have you craving for their stories too. Ms. Joy gives them so much life that you just have to know what is going to happen to them also.So if you are into futuristic romance then the MATRIX books are for you. Relax and enjoy. This book will make your night SIZZLE!P.S. I am eagerly awaiting Traed's story. Please don't be to long.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to re-read time and again, 27 Oct 2006
The first of the (for now) trilogy; Rejar comes next and then Mine to Take. I've re-read all three many times in the last couple of years that I have owned them. I keep looking to see if the fourth installment has been written and have had to find other authors to fill the gap. I keep coming back to these ones though. The reason? A good plotline, an imaginative set of worlds, a sizzling romance, and some really good comedy moments. I'd been feeling quite jaded with the standard romantic fair so discovering the 'paranormal romance' genre really gave me back the reading bug. Hurrah!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wondeful book/Wondeful author, 8 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This was the first book I read by Dara Joy. I really enjoyed her plot and characters. Let me start by saying the one problem I found with the book. (some of her writing is somewaht childlike.) I think she could have made the read a little more challenging for her fans. Now to the good stuff. I liked the way she interwined humor,romance and HOT love scenes with a flair I have never encountered before. If you get embarrassed easily this is not the book for you. My cheeks were flaming but I can't wait to read the next. Overall GREAT work and definitely worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm....., 1 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Recently having read "Mine to Take", I made to effort to obtain all of Dara Joys' books. And succeeded. I did enjoy the "Knights.." however it seems for all the wrong reasons. I did not find it funny for the reasons given in peoples reviews, The clay pot episode and the microwave scene was embarassing not funny, but what Joy did do well for me was make alien worlds which were not a strain to image. I have read sci-fi for years and many sci-fi authors can't manage to do so. Lorgin is a very sexy main character but in real life I think I would hit him over the head for his comments like "..it is not for you to know.." and not explaining procedures. The book was enjoyable and easy to read and I have reread it and intend to do so in the future. The female lead however is disappointing, no real curiousity, no real questions, no real common sense and she doesn't seem to get better. The only time Deanne seemed real to me was during her labour, and that I believe was in another book. In contrast all the male characters are well developed and in some cases damned interesting. Either way take the book in the spirit it was written and you will have a entertaining read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Opinions and facts...., 11 Dec 1998
By A Customer
The first part of the books was lovely. Most of it made enough connection to keep the story going, there was even a little plot in there. Make no mistake there, I _liked_ that part of the book. Especially the rainbow pool. And the irony of sending an alien to a science fiction gathering. But the ending spoilt the entire book. I read fantasy and the occasional science fiction book, and once in a while romance. I must say that this was not the best ending I ever read. It was a sort of buildup into a flop. The book itself was fine. The confrontation was not. For one. If the guy was a seventh-level mystic, why was he so easily found? And why does the planet seem to be described like a little field, or clearing, and not as a planet? The fight, or lack thereof, wasn't very emotional either. There might have been a more cataclysmic faceoff, something with more punch, impact. This may be a romance, but there is no reason not to develop it from all angles as far as possible. Most of the book was great. The lack of the final two stars, for me, is due to the lack of drama, of undercurrents of emotion, be it love, friendship, kinship, worry, sympathy etc. It 's not bad, but could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY FUNNY. LAUGHED SO HARD THAT I CRIED, 17 Oct 1998
By A Customer
When I read Knight of a Trillion Stars I was just getting started reading futuristic books by other than Jayne Ann Krentz. I love all of Ms. Krentz' books, but KOATS was my first experience with truly funny romance. Within the first dozen pages I knew that I was destined to stay up until the book was finished. As soon as I finished I was looking forward to Rejar's story. I fully expected it to be a repeat of KOATS (that is the norm for a lot of writers), but it was so totally different that I found myself sitting up at 2am again. I was looking forward to reading TRAED and was greatly surprised when I saw her latest book and grabbed it. As soon as I got home I opened the book and began reading. Imagine, this book isn't about Traed, but Gian Ren. Guess what folks. This is her best yet. I honestly don't see how she can get any better, but I an really looking forward to her next book. I admit that there are several authors that I don't even bother reading the synopsis on the back cover. Dara Joy is one of those authors. If I have a book budget and already have my limit, I will put one of my choices back in order to get a Dara Joy book.

Knight of a Trillion Stars (Futuristic Romance)
Knight of a Trillion Stars (Futuristic Romance) by Dara Joy (Mass Market Paperback - July 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01