Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn more Learn More Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 March 2011
Fantastic book, illustrations are lovely. Each pattern is graded on level of difficulty and the patterns are all classic designs. Bought this for myself but would be proud to give as a gift
on 11 January 2011
Really fun book with some beautiful patterns in it. Only thing is it is pretty advanced and you need to dedicate time on it.

Full of beautiful cardigans and tops but also a few simple scarfs and boleros to keep you going.
Each project is marked so you clearly know which is more advanced or not.

lovely vintage photography to show how the item relates to its history. something nice about the idea of re-creating something new but its still old!!
on 29 September 2012
This is a lovely book. The patterns have a lot more shape to them than many modern ones. Don't be put off by the 1930 to 1950 photos. I think it would be an improvement to have a modern photo alongside the original one. I am starting the jacket with the frog fasteners but there are several in here I would like to tackle. As with any book there are a few that are just not my taste and in this case still look too old fashioned.
on 6 December 2011
I have bought this book for my mother as a xmas present so I cant comment on the actual patterns in it and how easy or difficult they are. But the book itself is well worth the money. There are some really beautiful patterns in it, the pictures are gorgeous. I think my mum will love it and i know both myself and my sister will enjoy wearing the tops when they are knitted. Mum is going to be busy!
on 9 November 2013
MY COMMENTS TO DATE.

Vintage Knitting.----_

Very good book, good patterns. Easy to understand.#
I shall have fum making some of them. Can't wait!!!
on 2 January 2013
I got this for a friend who loves knitting and who really should have been born in the 50s as she loves the styles so much - so a great choice and great value.
on 23 June 2014
Lovely book great patterns
Well worth the investment classic designs never date.
Well written patterns very easy to follow. Thanks
on 6 September 2013
This was bought as a gift. I think keen knitters would be interested as it offered something a little different.
Beautifully presented retro-style book- love the black & white reproductions of vintage wool labels and of the original patterns.
There's an assortment of items from the 30s, 40s and 50s; various lacy and textured jumpers, boleros, neat belted cardis and a few accessories.
I particularly liked the cardi with a contrasting collar : 'Smart career girls will love this crisp nautical combination'.
Also the filmstar style cardi with swansdown trim and best of all a gorgeous brightly coloured chevron design scarf - a reproduction of a 30s pattern that put me in mind of an American college student of the era.
on 9 May 2015
Love it. Fast delivery, excellent service
Highly recommended.