5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I've been looking for - and in one book!
Published on 3 Oct 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree, it lacks video examples
This book deserves recognition for gathering together some of the great audio visual graphics in recent years. The case studies on offer are dynamic in every way imaginable and are responsible for consistently raising the bar for each designer out there.
Published on 6 Jan 2006 by Mr. Cj Jothi

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I've been looking for - and in one book!, 3 Oct 2000
By A Customer
As a final year Interactive Multimedia student at the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside - (which may I say is a very good course to be on!) - I decided to base my virtual dissertation on motion graphics and film title design. After searching frantically and without much success, I finally came across 'Type in Motion' in my local library. I found this book very interesting as it contained just about everything I needed as a base to my research. I then decided that this book was too good to just have on a week's loan and knew that it would benefit me as future reference so I went and bought it myself.
The book has given me a whole wider perspective on motion design, and in some ways has helped me decide on the path I wish to take after (hopefully!) graduating.
Well done to the authors for putting together such an informative and refreshing book. The illustrations are excellent, and together with the text and descriptive techniques, you will be given a whole new insight into digital graphics. For anyone else, like me, considering a career in the field of motion design, typography, or digital graphics, I would highly recommend this book. At less than 15 you can't really go wrong!

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree, it lacks video examples, 6 Jan 2006
Mr. Cj Jothi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Type in Motion 2: No. 2 (Hardcover)
Where it fails however is showing them in their full glory. I am fully aware it would have cost more money, but if there was a DVD/CDROM with quicktime clips of these examples this would be an indispensable book. But with screen grabs and descriptions of what they look like these great works lose the quality that makes them what they are: motion.
For the student writing his dissertation I am sure this was useful. For the working graphics artist, this will be frustrating. So get it out of the library before you place your order. If the next edition comes with video examples, then I will happily buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Headline Required Here, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Type in Motion 2: No. 2 (Hardcover)
This book was a disappointment really. The writing lacked depth. The background research was thin. I am sorry to write this but this is what I felt about this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great resource, 13 Dec 2005
This review is from: Type in Motion 2: No. 2 (Hardcover)
Type in Motion 2 is the follow-up to Mark Woolman’s original Type in Motion, the first book to present an overview of animated digital typography when it was published over six years ago. In this volume over 80 projects, from the most advanced studios around the world, are presented in a beautiful book bordering on sensory overload. Over 1300 images of animated typographic images from the Internet, film and television almost come jumping off the pages at the reader. With the sections “Identifying,” “Informing,” “Storytelling,” “Traveling” and “Speculating,” the author exhibits numerous projects specific to those topics – frame by frame in most cases – and explains what was needed by the client, the concept to be produced, the process of creation, and the end result. For a designer like myself, specializing in static graphic imagery, Type in Motion 2 is a great lesson in considering the option of potential movement in an image being creating, how that motion might be executed, what movements could be applied, and how the final imagery will impact the communication of the client’s message. Those with experience in motion graphics, or desiring a career in the field, will find many examples of challenging concepts, incredible design solutions, and inspiring “eye-candy” in this book of innovative work. - Jeff Fisher, writer of bLog-oMotives and "Logo Notions" on CreativeLatitude.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, but it misses a CD-rom, 16 Sep 2001
I find this book a bit strange. I bought it to find some inspiration for doing AE work. the book shows off some great examples, but I am VERY much missing a CD-rom that containes all the work that is pictured in the book. I don't need 1000 small pictures, when a Quicktime movie could tell me much more..

Type in Motion 2: No. 2
Type in Motion 2: No. 2 by Matt Woolman (Hardcover - 12 Sep 2005)
21.22