5.0 out of 5 stars I like it
Published on 14 Aug 2005 by arnic

1.0 out of 5 stars Graffiti World
As an earlier review stated this book is: "Well bound, and the color photos are well reproduced". Unfortunately those are this books only 2 strenghts.
Depending on who you ask (Corn Bread or Taki 183) since it's inception in the late 60's or early 70's graffiti has become a global phenomenon. There are indeed Corn Bread's, Phase 2's and Taki's all over the world who...
Published on 28 Jan 2005 by Fredric Auguste

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 14 Aug 2005
This review is from: Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents (Street Graphics / Street Art) (Hardcover)
despite of all the bad reviews, I have to say I love this book, I am no graffiti expert, actually I know nothing about it. But I am fasicnated with all the great works out there,and I wanna see more and learn something. this book could be my guide, or at least a feast to my eyes. there are 370 pages! this is not an encyclopedia, and I don't care about the works in the 1970's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very valid art, 16 July 2005
Graffiti is now a recognised art form, reflecting current mores of society more than anything else. This is why some of it's images are so disturbing. It's artists are being villified in the same way as the impressionists were in the 19th. century. Just try and buy a Degas or Monet now!
The global nature of the great art movement which is graffiti is well described and illustrated in this book which is easy to read and is of high quality. Read, study and learn!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 22 Feb 2006
By A Customer
Not knowing a lot about graffiti, i found this to be an excellent introduction to the many differnt styles that are out there today, since this is one of the most up to date books around. Drawbacks of trying to be so comprehensive are inevitable in that it won't include everyone that you want it to but that doesn't stop this being a real jaw dropper. Some of the pieces in this book are mind boggling, both in style and complexity, whilst others show how different graf can be from one person to the next. It's hard not to have respect for people that can do this kinda stuff with spraycans.

5.0 out of 5 stars I sat down in Waterstones and started to read this book, and I was there for over an hour! This book is brilliant!!!!, 4 Jun 2007
Darkmaster (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is absolutely brilliant. It has loads and loads of different graff artists' works in here and they are all good. I know a lot about graffiti so this isn't coming from a toy. This book proves that graffiti is art whether you like it or not. You will read this book over and over again as it is so good. Every time I go to a book shop I read this book for a bit; maybe some day I'll actually get it. Anyway, this book is great and Cope 2 is wicked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Book all round, 17 Nov 2004
This book is really well put together, well bound and printed on nice thick really glossy stock. Literally thousands of photos all well shot and reproduced.Loads of artists who Ive never heard of (and loads you will have) and some stuff you'll be chewing your spleen that you didnt think of. As an added bonus the write ups on the artists/crews are informative and give an incite into there work. All round its an insperation and a sweet read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to a brave new world, 19 May 2009
This book really brings home the thought that graffiti can be so much more than "(insert name) was here '99". There are some brilliant, well thought out pieces in this book. I really don't know anything about graffiti. I have recently been drawn to this type of art because of some excellent pieces that I've seen in Manchester city centre, near where I live. If somebody was to contest that graffiti wasn't art all you'd need to do is show them this book and they would have nothing else to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, 9 Jun 2014
Joe (Vancouver) - See all my reviews
I got this for my son's birthday and he loves it to bits. Many thanks for the great service and speedy delivery :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I <3 Graffiti World, 5 Aug 2012
A friend of mine introduced me to this book a number of years ago but his own copy was lost (or donated?) and I'd been racking my brains about some artists I found amongst the pages that I couldn't remember. Luckily this racking coincided with receiving a gift card for Amazon and so I found a superbly cheap copy being sold by Oxfam (well done to them!) and am now a very, very pleased customer.. and I found the main artist I was trying to remember - it was Corail from Toulouse!

5.0 out of 5 stars best book evr bought, 24 Feb 2009
Master Aj Bichener "a4ron94" (england) - See all my reviews
this book is so awesome,, over 300 pages of pure graffiti art

totally recommended ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars more Graffiti, 27 Sep 2007
J. C. lewis "minky13" (UK) - See all my reviews
as a collector it seems of books on graffiti, this is another one i have added to my collection. full of the same kinds of images you have seen in other books, it does show some new ones and more creative examples. the only thing i don't like is the binding, which has fallen apart already leaving pages hanging on.

Graffiti World: Street Art from Five Continents (Street Graphics / Street Art)
Used & New from: 1.12