5.0 out of 5 stars Non-technical but inspiring book of Architectural fantasy
Published on 25 Mar 2012 by Owen George Prescott

1.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary Images with no Theory
This has some great images from a mix of contemporary architects but with no theory and little textual analysis its just superficial eye-candy with no real understanding transmitted about what it is you are actually seeing, why it exists and what its consequence is.
Published on 10 April 2012 by Book Buff

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-technical but inspiring book of Architectural fantasy, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
I just received this book yesterday, I am shocked that this book has received two 2 star ratings so I had to write a review just to give this book a bit of a boost and recommendation. I love architecture; I am a graphic artist however so I do not intend to actually get an understanding of the more technical aspects of architectural design. With this book I have found exactly what I was looking for, beautiful architectural hand renders, expressionate forms and the odd bit of text in amongst the amazing images. Considering the title "Architects sketchbook", it should really not be expected to be anything more than a picture book full of fantasy. So if you are just looking for a book to inspire you then definitely get this book, there will be better options if you want a book that will teach more practical methods. I do agree that the architecture is a little unrealistic so you will learn a great deal more in terms of mark making ideas and compositions rather than processes and how to create practical homes.

To sum up, if you are just looking for a thick book of beautiful architectural imagery, this is a must have. This is also a new personal favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
I'm an interior design student, found this book really interesting. Great to see how lots of architects work and their different methods of coming up with ideas. Must have taken ages to compile! Sketches are something which you don't often see in other books - you only see the finished product or final CAD rendering.... I love this book, it's refreshing!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, received as ordered, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
This book is great for representation ideas for architecture students. It also gives a great insight into how many different architects design in loads of different ways!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
This was a spur of the moment buy, but I am so glad I came across this little gem. It's a great reference book. I bought it, then my tutor bought it, then the library bought it. For £20 as well you cant get better value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Present, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
Bought as a present for an Architect and she absolutely loves it!
Probably not the most informative book in terms of words or written content but the imagery, sketches and concepts are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
On the school of art my teacher shows this book and I thought I must have this book. And now I have... Fantastic, Inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas book, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
Feels great, really good quality, it came sooner than expected too! really very good, I am just starting out in the architecture scene and has proven good for inspiration, most of the sketches are concepts though

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
I needed this book for my UNI as i am a architect student, i wanted to understand how architects go about their way of thinking and what best way to do so is to look at their sketches. Its a small look into the process of there minds and it really helped me to build up my own style of drawing and sketching. The images are high quality and personally the architects exhibited in it where of a varied style .

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOK TO BUILD UP YOUR PORTFOLIO AND FILL IN SKETCHBOOKS!, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
What can I say more? The pages cover various architecture illustrations, notes, random sketches and modelmakings done by many established architects, a MUST HAVE for those who wish to channel their ideas and thoughts into their empty pages but have no idea nor sense of direction on what and where to start, AMAZING! A******

5.0 out of 5 stars ***, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Architects' Sketchbooks (Hardcover)
Got this through a giftcard as a present from my college grades before going to uni to study Interior Design. I'd been told about this book by a uni-lecturer at an interview & decided to go for it just on their advice but it was well worth it. The book is vast, full of a wide range of examples of design processes & developmental work as provided by working architects. Definitely helped inspire & get the creative juices going & I think I'll find this book very resourceful i the future!

Architects' Sketchbooks
Architects' Sketchbooks by Narinder Sagoo (Hardcover - 7 Mar 2011)