5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Jan 2012
This book is an exceptional volume - it has a wealth of contextual detail and will enhance/ refresh opinions regarding the place of textiles in our world. The range of images and research is vast, and I keep dipping in and reading passages that really extend my understanding and enjoyment. I have recommended this book to my students and would suggest any artist or design technologist involved with education acquires their own copy.
Beverley Gordon's seminal text on Feltmaking, published decades ago but no longer in print , is another book worth searching out in public library collections

5.0 out of 5 stars A textile must have !!, 22 Jan 2012
This truly is a book worth having on your bookshelf to keep. I only wish it was available 12 months ago when I was writing my dissertation as it would have provided some excellent research material. Any tutor, student or textile enthusiast would enjoy the insight provided to textiles across the globe for its cultural, practical and emotional aspects. I have a vast collection of textile related books, but this is one that I do and will cherish. Just enjoy some of the smaller sections, it's a great book !!

Textiles: The Whole Story: Uses  Meanings  Significance
Textiles: The Whole Story: Uses · Meanings · Significance by Beverly Gordon (Paperback - 29 July 2013)
13.57