Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 November 2012
I used this for my Archaeology essay and really liked it so bought it for further reading, also to allow parents essay access as they are interested in it too :)
on 13 July 2013
Everything you ever wanted to know about our remote ancestors. Lots of pictures and diagrams help to make this easy to understand, with text kept to a minimum.
on 21 February 2011
A first class read with information that is clearly understandable, satisfying the thirst for knowledge of the subject and stimulates a desire to learn more.
on 15 January 2016
In very good shape.
José Ponte
on 14 January 2015
Superb,clear and informative good time scaling
on 30 May 2015
Looks like an overview of a very big subject, but I have not yet read the book.
on 1 March 2016
still reading
on 23 October 2015
Good book
on 9 January 2013
I found the text to be rather boring with broken flow throughout.

There were far too many pictures for my liking.

Its written as if your walking through a museum.

I was hoping for a more intense and well structured read. I didn't get anything from this book and i finished it off in one night.
on 18 October 2011
Having graduated as a zoologist thirty odd years ago, I thought it was about time I caught up with this subject and brought my knowledge up to date.
Unfortunately, this loose collection of notes - a bit like a students ring binder with sections on loosely related but discreet topics - doesn't help a lot.
There is no coherent narrative, and what there is becomes difficult to follow as it is broken up with lots of photographs, many of which are dimly lit and too dark to be of value. The layout is chaotic and captions often seem to refer to images close by, but actually describe something else entirely.
The bottom line is that the paucity of the fossil record, and the more recent dna evidence raise more questions than answers.
The authors dont do a very convincing job at all - avoid this book.