VINE VOICEon 30 August 2004
I got this book after reading a review for it in the trendy i-D magazine. What a treat! My other half didn't know what was funniest - the book or my excitement at it! It is filled with things to do - speech bubbles to fill in, body parts to draw, shapes to colour, never a dull moment and such a big book as well. Although I am in my 30s, I was completely enchanted by it, as it isn't done in a particularly childish way. Now I'm just waiting for my jumbo pack of Crayola crayons bought on Ebay to arrive so I can get started!! Its very therapeutic and creative after a hard days graft. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! Get a book and have some serious fun!
on 15 February 2004
A fantastic book for 5-8 year olds (and dads too!) - encouraging the imagination with little suggestions, but not overpowering or stiffling creativity...hours and hours of fun
on 1 January 2005
If you have a child who loves colouring / drawing this book is a must. It's also helped reduce the number of stray, part finished masterpieces which tend to litter the house following the last creative session!
on 7 December 2006
I just bought this for my 6 year old for Xmas, and it is wonderful. I've just ordered another one for my 4 year old, who will also be able to use it, especially the first half. Each page has a simple drawing on it, which the child completes (for example, there is a pencil drawing of a tree and the instrucion 'Draw some leaves'. The drawings and instructions then get progressively harder. My kids will love it.
on 1 November 2008
I bought this for my 6 year old son who loves colouring in. The reason I bought it was because i was fed up with him constantly asking "what can i draw?" Since having this book he hasnt asked me once and I am amazed at how detailed his pictures are now and how much thought and effort he puts in.

Much, much more fun than your bog standard colouring book! I even sneak a quick go when he goes to bed
on 19 March 2006
Best book I've come across for stimulating creativity in my six year old. He's never before been so interested in making pictures and it's a delight to see. I am gong to buy this for all the children I know, as it's so cheap and brings hours of pleasure.
on 8 March 2009
I bought this for my son after reading previous amazon reviews and can only agree that this has encouraged my 7 year old to be creative where art could not previously hold his attention. Good pressie and well worth the money - huge book and good value. Highly recommended.
on 27 March 2009
My five year old granddaughter loved it. She's still ploughing through it. I hoped it would not be the usual dot to dot children's colouring book and it certainly is not. Gives great scope for children to use their own imagination and input.
on 13 June 2011
I bought this book to travel on a 3 hour train journey with my boys (who are 4 & 6). I like it because the drawings are quite simple which means they can easily add to them without feeling disappointed that their drawings are not like the ones in the book. I love the style of all the drawings and the suggestions of what to add or what is happening means the kids get to use their own imaginations with suprising results sometimes! All in all well worth the money a cut above most colouring books. My only slight critism would be the quality of the paper means it is only for pencils not for felt tips.
on 12 June 2010
Very inspiring book that suits anyone! Anyone any age could enjoy this book. I got it for a friends 25th (!) birthday and the mixture between doodling, colouring and puzzles is perfect. There are little captions and instructions that are great to get the creative juices flowing but not restrictive in any way. It is big enough to last a while! Highly recommended. Will buy myself one asap! I got my friend some big felt tip pens to use with it but having now felt the thickness and texture of the pages crayons would probably have been better.