5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Miller, 3 April 2010
Mr "Mike J-J" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
A beautifully produced and well written book about a truly extraordinary women. The only thing better than reading the book is to hear Antony speak about his mother in person, as I have at two separate NADFAS lectures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Miller lived many lives to the full. A fascinating book, 2 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
When I met Lee Miller she was the mother of my teenage school friend. On the many ocaisions I stayed, I became the means of communication with her son with whom she had a very strained relationship. She told me exotic stories of life in Paris between the wars. She told me fascinating stories of life on the front line of the American troops moving up through Europe. She told me horrifying stories of moving through woods where no birds sang and no animals moved, of finding the bludgeoned bodies of SS troops in the ditches by the side of the road, of being carried shoulder high through the concentration camp by Jewish prisoners too weak to stand the excitement of freedom and dropping dead under her.
At the time, I was never sure whether the stories were true. They were too fantastic for the imagination of a farmer's son from Cornwall. This book now makes me wonder how I have managed to do so little in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives of Lee Miller, 5 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
As a modern woman I envy her fantastic freedom and capacity to live life to the full without letting anything, or indeed anyone, get in her way. Makes me feel ashamed of complaining that society doesn't let me do things. If it is true in my time it was even truer in hers, but she didn't let this stopping her. Some people might think that she was helped by her beauty and that's certainly an aspect of her and I myself had this passing thought. However on second thought I don't think being beautiful is enough. It's Lee Miller's indomitable spirit, her great appetite for life and her fearlessness together with the ability to move on that made her the great woman she was.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a present..., 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
This was a present for my grandmother, she had been talking about this women a lot and insisted how fascinating her life was so i brought her this and she was elated and said it was a fantastic and interesting read!

5.0 out of 5 stars lee miller, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
i am enjoying her books, we visited her home nr lewes and met her son great woman ,model , war photographer and part of the art movment in uk. a very interesting woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lives of Lee Miller, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
Following attending a Lecture on Lee Miller which was absolutely facinating, I found the book just as enthralling.

My type of woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great photographer and a fascinating woman, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
I am delighted with the book. I learned about it at a lecture given by Antony Penrose about his family's connection with Picasso and about the charming children's book which he had written - 'The Boy who bit Picasso'.!

I have skimmed through 'The Lives of Lee Miller' and look forward to reading it in depth shortly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 10 Jun. 2010
Rob S "Rob" (North of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
Don't judge a book by its cover. A fascinating book telling of a fascinating lady and her life. Very easy to read - is it a picture book with words? The B+W photography is moody and artful - a real pleasure to dip into as the mood takes. Equally at home on the proverbial coffee table or in the suitcase for a summer holiday read. Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad and happy., 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
Would like to study her a lot more. I want to use the information taken from this book in my University course. She is very inspirational and not scared of challenges. Pricey good service from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a woman!!!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Lives of Lee Miller (Paperback)
This is a book I couldn't put down. I already knew a bit about Lee Miller's life, and enjoyed an exhibition of her work in Edinburgh several years ago. The book is extremely well written and tells of her amazing life. Her beauty and talent and zest for adventure as well as a calling to record war in all its horrors and sadness.
I would recommend it to friends and anyone who likes a "human" story, but one that is extraordinary.

The Lives of Lee Miller
The Lives of Lee Miller by Antony Penrose (Paperback - 11 April 1988)