Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 May 2012
I am such a huge fan of Thames and Hudson's World of Art series and The Body in Contemporary Art I have to say is one of my favourites. Concise and to the point, the information on artists who use bodies in various ways was fascinating. As a student studying Photography, it really helped (and I hate this word) inspire me. I learned about many different artists, some of whom I had never heard before, whilst others were old favourites of mine. In the end if you are interested in art in general this is an easy, well informed read that I thoroughly enjoyed (which doesn't happen a lot when studying for a degree!)
on 9 December 2009
An excellent new book which looks generally at the use of the body in contemporary art.Sally O'Reilly has used a great selection of artists to explore the subject and discusses some useful information about their work .There is a good selection of performance ,video and other artists techniques shown to look at why the variety and the execution of their works make contemporary art what it is today.
on 8 January 2014
This book was recommended by my university lecture as a guide to the use of the body in art. Best book I've ever bought for my studies the text is lovely and it is very visual.
on 12 December 2009
Well written and lavishly illustrated with excellent photographs.
Left on the proverbial coffee table this book will certainly promote conversation and maybe some raised eyebrows.
on 27 November 2014
Very different but a good grounding for exploring the Art of the Body
Slightly different to what I thought, though very thought provoking.
Good for a student of Art
on 29 January 2013
Book was delivered quickly and I was happy with it because it was brand new and it even had the smell of a new book.
on 8 March 2016
a great overview of how artists use, view, figure and abuse the body in their work - sometimes gruesome, sometimes glorious
on 7 October 2014
Actually it is a great book in highquality printed version .usefule for a general information .
on 18 December 2015
Thank you, the book is very good!
on 18 May 2015
Good product and prompt delivery