4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing book
Beautiful and informative book. Excellent photographs. Only slight disappointment is that it does not show potter's marks. Perhaps not the intention but it would complete the information and provide a valuable reference wherever applicable.
Published 15 months ago by savvyshopper

3.0 out of 5 stars 20TH CENTURY CERAMICS
An interesting text but I was disappointed with size of the book and the illustrations.It also seems a bit irregular jumping from one period to another...perhaps because I've read it in bits !I think it's the sort of book that will grow on me ,but I wish I'd bought the other De Val book on Pottery.
Published on 29 Jan 2012 by NAT C

3.0 out of 5 stars 20TH CENTURY CERAMICS, 29 Jan 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing book, 11 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A really Potty Book!, 26 July 2009
This review is from: 20th Century Ceramics (World of Art) (Paperback)
When you do your City and Guilds in Ceramics, there's the fun side - namely the art and design and clay work, and then there's HOMEWORK...ugh
Once you have your Certificate, you then go for the Diploma and then the homework includes filling an A3 portfolio on the last 100 years of cermamics, and yet another portfolio on your 12 chosen potters.
To succeed in the project this book is an absolute must. I also bought Miller's 20th Century Ceramics and now the task doesn't seem so daunting - I've made notes from the books. It's just a question of finding the right moment to start the homework......

20th Century Ceramics (World of Art)
20th Century Ceramics (World of Art) by Edmund de Waal (Paperback - 3 Nov 2003)
6.26