Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2010
Great text book to inform you of the lead up to Impressionism. However it makes for quite heavy reading and you cant really just look a certain bits, you have to read the whole book. Also some of the painting prints could of been a bit bigger! Other than that very informative and a great price!
Currently my best friend for my current project! Beats internet research any day!
on 27 November 2007
This is a first-class reference book for those who are studying Impressionism as a component of any course. For those of us with a little less interest - an extremely good 'coffee table' book! Essential for A Level History of Art, it's crammed with information on the artists, their technique and above all, marvellous illustrations of that technique in excellent reproductions. I particularly like to way it covers, not just the men involved in the movement, but the significant female painters such as Berthe Morisot and Mary Cassat.
on 16 February 2015
I love Belinda Thomson books and this one in particular. Loads of beautiful coloured illustrations and all complete with her wonderful text that guides the reader around the subject in such detail. It's the best book I've ever seen on Impressionism and if you were only going to buy one book on the subject - it should be this one!