4.0 out of 5 stars The classic by the master himself
Thorough and pedagogic, though a bit dated. Great at explaining complex ides simply.

The derivation of regular wave mechanics from path integrals is interesting, and gave me a new understanding on the laws I thought I knew so well.

Published 15 months ago by Lasse Carstensen

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but hard going.
The concepts dealt with in the book are fascinating but the maths is hard going for a once enthusiatic physics graduate who has spent most of his life in geophysics where the sums are much easier.

Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars The classic by the master himself, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals (Dover Books on Physics) (Paperback)

It's good for the basics of getting to grips with path integrals, but you should definitely seek out some more advanced, rigorous texts if you're comfortable with the simplest integrals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but hard going., 23 Mar 2013

my 3 star rating is largely based on the Kindle edition and the fact that working through the equations is made more difficult by having several of them missing, ie an equation number with no equation.

A better grasp of the mathematics used than I currently have would enhance the content greatly.

I

5.0 out of 5 stars landmark text, don't know about the "e"mended version, 13 Oct 2011
I just got this book today, and congratulations to Dover for making this landmark text readily available for such a small price. I have the original copy, which now sells for much more money. If you can find a used copy that is, the book being out-of-print.
I don't think I need to review the contents - I had read this in my student days and anyone looking at this will be aware of this text's stellar importance.
What is amusing is this "emendment" by D. Styer, who says he corrected hundreds of misprints etc. But just leafing throught it, on page 164, the title of section 7-1 has a glaring misprint. I wonder what other misprint has been left if I spotted one so easily in 10 seconds ;-) Actually I need to check in the original book whether that mistake was there at all. Small things, but be coherent ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 July 2014
great.

Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals (Dover Books on Physics)
Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals (Dover Books on Physics) by A.R. Hibbs (Paperback - 30 July 2010)
15.19