‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem of a Book, 28 Jan. 2015
M. Leal "Book Shine" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn (Dover Empower Your Life) (Paperback)
A fantastic book. If you are just getting used to how the mind can make you happy or miserable, this is the book for you. I first read "The Game of Life and How to Play it", which is also included here, in the eighties, and it changed my life. If you are a beginner, this book will change yours too, and if you are more seasoned in this field, this book will remind you of the simple, every day things you can do to make your life, and the lives of others, so much more enjoyable and successful - which we all forget now and then. This book is the best thing you can do for yourself. It does contain some religious references, but don't let that put you off, if you are not of that ilk; that did not affect the message, which is fundamentally one of love and positivity - and that translates to all beliefs. This is a delightful book, written in simple terms anyone can understand. and you will pick up again and again, when you feel in need of a lift - it is a friend for life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring words, 18 Dec. 2013
I found this similar to NLP in its attitude of positivity, linked very to the bible this is an interesting read

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 9 Dec. 2013
A practical no nonsense approach to empowerment, and being in control of a fulfilled life. A set worth reading but only if you are prepared to absorb it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, read it and you will enjoy it!, 10 Sept. 2013
very entertaining and a gem of a book, I love it! Florence was a genius of her time and deserves to be remembered as one of the most forward thinkers of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the essence of righteous living., 11 Feb. 2014
A book brilliantly written many years ago. A very clear understanding of Jesus Christ's Teachings. Shows the transitory nature of materialism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Self-Empowerment !, 25 Feb. 2015
Even better than my expectations. The four books in one provides an amazing manual for realizing our full potential in all areas of life.
Although written in the 1930's and '40s these books contain true wisdom which is definitely not " so last century", it can be applied in the here and now.
Truly Enlightening. Once I started reading I found it hard to put down.I would highly recommend reading these books for self- and life-enhancement.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a great reference book., 9 Jan. 2014
It is a great reference book. It was a good Ódea to keep this history book in print. Excellent book! . Makes a great gift

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete works of Florence Scovel shinn, 16 April 2013
Amazing book. I have given some of my friends a copy and we are all enjoying it. wish I could give one to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 16 Feb. 2015
I love this book. I have read one other book on this subject and found it a bit of a task to read but found this book easier to read and absorb . This book has given me an understanding of how we shape our lives with our thoughts and what we say. What I really do love about this book is the fact that this book is 4 books combined in to one. Well worth money and a very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read to truly understand the Law of Attraction, 23 May 2013
This book clearly explains how our thoughts become manifested. It can seem a little repetitive in places, but at least it drives the message home! Already I am noticing very positive changes manifesting, and I am much more aware of my thoughts. This is a book I will read again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›