Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 January 2006
This set was the second origami books I received, working through the easy book first really helps getting to know the basics, then you can progress on to the birds and Animals. The models themselves aren't the most detailed or complex, but serve as an excellent primer in acheiving good results.
I know several people who have started to fold, and been defeated by complicated or unclear instructions. When I lent them this set, they all progressed on to continued enjoyment of the craft.
If someone you know has expressed an interest in origami, then I would recommend this as a first step, multicoloured square paper is included (although it may be a little small for absolute beginners to use for the harder models)
on 10 May 2006
I orderd this on a whim to learn about origami. As the previous reviewer, I worked fairly quickly through the easy book, and am now working my way through the birds and animals. They get much harder... not harder to understand, but just to get the folding really accurately, but it is really satisfying to see how much better yourfolding gets. I've had to order much more paper!
on 9 January 2013
I bought this for my 8 year old nephew who is really into origami. He absolutely loves the kit and can't seem to put it down. He has made lots of different creations. Sturdy little kit with coloured paper and instructions which are easy to follow. Good value would recommend.
on 31 March 2015
A great set for lovers of origami. We bought this for my daughter last year as she just loved doing all the activities. There are also lots of them to do which is a bonus. There are many projects included in this particular set and so many sheets of paper unlike some sets we have purchased. The quality is also very good and although for beginners I would also say this is also good for intermediate level as some of the projects are a little more trickier for a true beginner. Initially my daughter did need me to help her with them but now she is able to get on and do them herself. We would definatky recommend this particular set.
on 25 May 2008
Ok, maybe Easy Origami might be worth ignoring if you aren't a beginner. But both 'Birds in Origami' and 'Favourite Animals in Origami' have some very realistic models which look much better than the pictures on the cover. This is a great set for those trying to bridge the gap between overly simple and incredibly complex designs.
on 29 December 2015
I bought this for my little nieces (4 and 6) and for something that the whole family could do together over Christmas. We had great fun with it and, although the youngest one needed some help, both girls really enjoyed it and it we played with it all together on several occasions. I would suggest starting at the beginning of the easy book and working systematically through the book rather than jumping ahead to ones you like further in the book - we tried that and it proved too difficult! I ordered extra paper but there was plenty in the kit. Recommended.
on 30 November 2010
Excellent value Starter kit containing 3 Books containing 55 projects of varying difficulty and an assorted pack of 96 sheets of genuine Origami Paper
on 8 January 2012
I bought this for my younger sister, i wanted to get her something different than the usual make-up stuff. Even though she isn't a particularly crafty person. I thought that as it says beginners she could try it. As the kit includes 3 books they are good sized, and contain loads of different shapes. Anyway she started of with the easy ones, the instructions we easy to follow, and the paper is so easy to shape. She is getting really good at making the shapes, really impressed. She's started moving on to the other books and is teaching the rest of us. Totally give this product a thumbs it.
on 19 November 2013
I have to say the delivery came very quick. I have not opened the origami set as it's for a gift. But overall I cannot complain. Another order that I have made on amazon has still not been delivered and it was a couple of days before I made an order for the origami.
on 2 February 2013
9 year ols loces this, some of the explanations can be hard to follow but others are easy. I think completing one will help you to complete a more challenging one so if you can't follow one come back to it later