5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children and parents who aren't artistic
Published on 1 Dec 2007 by Juliet

2.0 out of 5 stars How to Draw People
Published on 14 Dec 2010 by Jo McG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children and parents who aren't artistic, 1 Dec 2007
Juliet (Langton Matravers, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
We take this book on holiday for rainy days, and my children (aged 6 and 8) love it. By following the step by step pictures they can quite quickly draw children doing lots of different things eg skateboarding, walking to school or roller-skating. The pictures are simple outlines with basic details - no shading or colouring - and they help my children to understand the basic shapes and proportions. We all produce much better drawings with the book than without it - and the results are very satisfying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overal good buy, 18 Jan 2010
S. Smith (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I bought this present for my daughter, and she's very pleased with it. Only little negative is that it doesn't have written instructions, which we thought it would do. But the drawing ideas are very easy to copy, and have helped my daughter get to grips with drawing techniques.

Overall it's a good buy, just be aware that there aren't any written instructions!

4.0 out of 5 stars good educational book, 5 Jan 2010
Ms. Mhd Jasmins "Chikita" (Jersey ,Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
My daughter is 5 and loves learning how to draw like it shows in the pictures,great service too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 7-8 year olds, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I bought ths for my daughters 8 birthday. Just the job as she is just trying to draw more realistic people now and this helps a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use for a child, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I like the look of this book. It looks easy for a child to copy and use to improve their drawing skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids learning to draw., 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
My daughter who is 9 yrs old finds drawing people very hard and especially hands, so I bought this book to help her. It gives basic cartoon pictures, but its a start to give her some confidence.

2.0 out of 5 stars How to Draw People, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
Maybe its me but this was really disappointing, - it seems to be aimed at quite young children at an age where (in my experience anyway)they think their drawing is great so wouldn't be interested in it, it is then to `young' for when children recognise they could improve their people drawing skills. Also the examples given are not really the type of people drawings my children identify with - I was looking for a book which could help my daughter (age 10) draw pictures of her friends (stepping up from stick people but not yet figure drawing) and this is not it, any ideas gratefully received.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... daughter who is 6 and she finds it a great help with ideas on how to draw people, 8 July 2014
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
Bought this for my grand daughter who is 6 and she finds it a great help with ideas on how to draw people. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Purchase, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
I am really pleased with this buy. It has been well used by my grandaughter and has assisted her drawing skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars good source for those that cant draw, 4 Jan 2013
Ms. T. Murray "Twilight23" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
again another thing for my class to encourage those who dont draw to draw. It is quite cartoony but they love it.

How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw)
How to Draw People (Dover How to Draw) by Barbara Soloff Levy (Paperback - 28 Mar 2003)