5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book On Hand Shadows
Up until buying this book my knowledge on hand shadows had been limited to a simple cat or dog projected onto the wall at my daughter's bedside.When I ordered the book I expected to be shown a range of simple shapes that would probably look like animals if you really put you mind to it........ BUT WHAT A SURPRISE!!!
The amount of hand shadows shown in this book is...
Published on 9 April 2010 by R. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars A start
After watching an episode of Pingu our daughter wanted to make Hand Shadows - this is a good start.
Published on 21 April 2010 by T. J. Laven

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book On Hand Shadows, 9 April 2010
R. Jones (Lancashire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
The amount of hand shadows shown in this book is unbelievable - ranging in difficulty from a duck,to a rabbit,to a woodpecker sitting on a branch, to a monkey on a giraffe's back, to John F Kennedy(YES,I DID SAY JOHN F KENNEDY!),this book is a must for anyone wanting to learn the art of hand shadows.
At the beginning of the book there are illustrations of hand excercises to make your fingers more supple and while I found some of the shadows quite difficult at first,within a couple of hours I had a dozen or so very realistic shapes at my disposal.
Everyone at some time in their life has made a simple shape with their hand and projected it onto a surface for amusement - this book shows you just what is possible with a light source,a blank wall and your own 2 hands - all for under £10!
Buy this book and you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars A start, 21 April 2010
T. J. Laven "tim" (Thailand) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand shadows - great little book, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
My son is always trying to create shapes on his wall so this was something I thought would not be a available with all the tech games and modern things out there. It's great to know there are simple creative things for kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 31 Dec 2013
Mr. J. Driver - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
Although the book itself is rather small, the shadow puppets it presents are great, ranging from the simple to the much more complex. It's proven to be a hit with people of all ages and is often brought out at parties. From animals and plants, you can even learn how to create very passable silhouettes of Fidel Castro or Richard Nixon, to name but a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
Bought for my son's 7th birthday as we'd been trying to make up our own hand shadows at bed time. Some are a bit tricky but have great results. Very glad I bought this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand Shadows, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
A very easy to follow book which keeps all ages amused. An old fashioned inexpensive way of entertainment. A good alternative to pressing buttons!

4.0 out of 5 stars The art of hand shadows, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
Bought for my 5yr old as she is always playing with her hand shadow at bed time. She has managed to do some but they are a bit tricky but she says practise makes perfect. She is happy keeping to the simpler ones or just doing her own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shadow puppets, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Art of Hand Shadows (Paperback)
Some of the shadows are quite challenging but it is great fun and if you have friends or family away from home this adds to sharing quality time to video calls

The Art of Hand Shadows
The Art of Hand Shadows by Albert Almoznino (Paperback - 28 Mar 2002)