5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure from cover to cover!
I had never read any of the many Holmes mysteries before and picking up this (large print) version was the best thing I ever did as it was also my first ever large print book!

Published on 4 Oct. 2009 by Angela

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
I bought the large print edition for my mother in law who has failing eye sight & dementia - its just a stocking filler
Published 15 months ago by harryholmes

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure from cover to cover!, 4 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Eight Great Sherlock Holmes Stories (Dover Large Print Classics) (Paperback)

The pleasure in (at last) being able to read comfortably was undeniable and the equal pleasure I got out of the short stories was huge. I loved the stories, admired the style and now intend to read a lot more of Conan-Doyle's works - probably moving onto the novels next.

I don't know why C-D is not on the GCSE reading list because it should be. As a piece of social history the works are splendid and also as little literary masterpieces I found each story to be tremendously well-done. Yes, some stories may be a little bit contrived, but there is plenty of room for literary license.

Finally, if they exist, I'd love to read more of these in large print.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT CHOICE ...., 28 Dec. 2009
I bought this book for my Grandmother for Christmas and she was absolutely made up with it. A good read and light to hold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eight Great Sherlock Holmes Stories, 12 May 2014
Bought for my mother who is now in a residential home. Excellent value for money (it simply had someone's name written on the blank page) and in perfect condition. Arrived well on time!

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 9 Dec. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars xmas present, 12 Jan. 2012
I bought it for my 98 year old father who is managing to read it and finding it's light enough to hold. A success!

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic tales, 11 Dec. 2014
M. Thompson (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Classic tales. Good way to get familiar with Sherlock.

Eight Great Sherlock Holmes Stories (Dover Large Print Classics)
Eight Great Sherlock Holmes Stories (Dover Large Print Classics) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Paperback - 1 Jun. 2001)