The Oil Jar and Other Stories (Dover Thrift Editions)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£3.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 7 May 2013
I have not read any Pirandello before but I found these intriguing little stories an excellent introduction. They all seem to be about individuals' subjective perceptions of each other and how that can change. I particularly liked "With other eyes" and "A Voice".
I bought the Kindle edition - it was fine, active table of contents and all.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 17 September 2001
This is an excellent collection of short stories which includes A Character's Tragedy and what I regard as one of the greatest short stories ever written Mrs Frola and Mr Ponza, her son-in-law.
They all deal with the mdness and absurdity of everyday life and the relativity of truth, in a simple, expressive way. @where is the illusio, where isthe reality@ is a common phrase used and reading these stories you soon agree. These stories are highly recommended and I assure you that after this, you will lokk upon all fiction very differently
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Eleven Short Stories (Dover Dual Language Italian)
Eleven Short Stories (Dover Dual Language Italian) by Luigi Pirandello (Paperback - 1 Sept. 1994)

Loveless Love (Hesperus Classics)
Loveless Love (Hesperus Classics) by Luigi Pirandello (Paperback - 29 Nov. 2002)

The Late Mattia Pascal (New York Review Books Classics)
The Late Mattia Pascal (New York Review Books Classics) by Luigi Pirandello (Paperback - 1 July 2007)