4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, a whole meal.....
I bought this for my partner, who loves the logic puzzles in the newspaper. There's certainly plenty in here to sink your brain into.....I flicked through the book first trying to spot the ones with 'obvious' (to me) answers - there were not many!
Published on 11 Jan 2004 by Tyson Bridger

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing repetition of old material
Published on 24 July 2006 by Mr. Mark Ellse

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing repetition of old material, 24 July 2006
Mr. Mark Ellse (Cannock, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles (Dover Recreational Math) (Paperback)
Gardner's original book, Mathematical Puzzles and Diversions, was excellent, which is why I wanted more of his books. Unfortunately, this book is simply a repetition of part of that original book, which now seems to be spread thinly and among a number of other books, with many fewer pages and much larger print. Seems like a deliberate reduction in number of words per pound sterling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, a whole meal....., 11 Jan 2004
Eventually I found time to sit down and think, and found that a lot of the puzzles can be worked through - without recourse to any advanced maths and calculus! (Of which I have none....having studied Film Theory at university) I don't think I'll ever be able to solve all of them though.....

5.0 out of 5 stars A Splendid Collection From The Master, 3 April 1999
By A Customer
This is a fascinating collection of puzzles from the master of mathemagics. It's clear and undeniable: if you want the best in fun, challenging puzzles, buy anything written by Gardner or his heir apparent, Terry Stickels. You can't go wrong!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great book!, 30 April 2013
00Bay (England, UK) - See all my reviews
60 great fun puzzles, this book dates back to 1994 but is still as valid now as it was then (no old-fashioned problems involving money in pounds, shillings and pence or similar). As an example, is it possible to place 6 cigarettes so that each one touches the other 5? There is one chess problem: can you find white's only possible move that does NOT immediately checkmate black (a nice twist), and a nice twist on the old problem where one guard always tells the truth and the other always lies. Solutions are very clearly set out in the back, and too often they are maddeningly simple! No knowledge of maths beyond pre-GCSE required, but plenty to occupy the minds of puzzlers like me who have maths degrees.

1.0 out of 5 stars How easy it would have been to have a hyper-link from ..., 16 July 2014
The puzzles are OK, but in the Kindle version the process of going to see the answers is so long-winded that one soon gives up trying to solve the problems. How easy it would have been to have a hyper-link from each puzzle to its solution. This was a slapdash conversion to an e-book. Could do much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not brainy enough for me to comment!, 6 Jan 2013
J. Waddilove (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a table present for a relation who loves puzzles especially maths based. I haven't a clue if they are any good personally but he loved it and said the puzzles would be challenging but within his realms of capability. Book quality (paperback) was v good.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Math and Logic Puzzles - Martin Gardner, 29 Dec 2011
These are intriguing puzzles as you would expect from this author. They seem to have appeared in his previous books but it's nice to have them all together in one volume. A good book to dip into at random. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 21 Nov 2009
Shiva Roohi (Italy) - See all my reviews
My 11 years daughter and I enjoyed very much reading this book. I ordered it for my daughter so she can share with her friends the puzzles when they get together. Even though many of the logic puzzles are difficult for her to comprehend, she still enjoys reading the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this as a present for a good friend of mine who enjoys logic puzzles but always seems to run out or get through them too easily. As she studies further mathematics A-level, I thought this particularly appropriate, and she has enjoyed the new challenges provided, as the selection of puzzle styles proved very entertaining. It arrived promptly without any issues.

Sol

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good buy, 5 Jan 2014
This was bought as a present for a friend, as yet, not given. Looks good, and sure it will be well received.

My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles (Dover Recreational Math)
My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles (Dover Recreational Math) by Martin Gardner (Paperback - 28 Mar 2003)
Usually dispatched within 10 to 12 days