on 25 February 2013
This book is simple, mostly drawings with a short descriptive paragraph.
It's well illustrated and has good practical tips for creating strong dynamic poses.
It's taught by a good Disney animator, too... so you know he know's his stuff...
Value for money in my opinion.

I'd recommend this book if you're looking to get stronger more dynamic poses.
It's not a beginners book, though (not a step by step how to book)... however there's
tips in here that would help any artist, I think.
on 25 June 2012
I bought this book to learn about different animal movement which is book demonstrates well.
it doesnt do a step-by-step guild which is okay as there is plenty of drawings to study.

it does give small tips on drawing animals some which are very useful.

if your an artist wanting to draw animals this would be a great reference book, for your collection. if not its still a good book on animals and there behaviour in movement.
on 30 October 2014
There are some great examples of animal drawings in this book and a lot of info on construction as well examples of animals in motion. The book is. It printed in colour but do not let this put you off as the lessons in this book will stick with you for a long time.

I would definitely recommend this book to all aspiring artists whether they be illustrators, animators, CG artists etc.

To learn more about the book I would suggest looking it up on Parka's blog: http://www.parkablogs.com

Hope this helps.
on 26 December 2000
A very confident set of animal sketches that have the marked difference of being vivid and animated. A fact often lost on many books of this nature, where the form and tone takes priority over pose and rythm.
on 27 September 2013
This book is the best I have found so far for instructions on drawing animals both realistic and in caricature. The pictures are clear and easy to follow with numerous examples of most creatures.

I bought it to help me draw the illustrations for my own books and I'm certain it will be of help.

Gail Jones
Author and Illustrator of 'Beaut'.
Due out late 2013
on 10 February 2015
This book its beautiful and full of very practical fantastic advice for drawing animals in motion I believe Ken Hultgen was Disney animator for Bambi and this book has been widely recomended for decades in animation courses, you can't go wrong with it
on 5 January 2015
This has really helped me out drawing structures of animals.
The only issue I have is it has more focus on horses then others but apart from that i'm really happy with this book, tumblr was right about something after all!
on 20 August 2013
Lovely and informative book for any age. Bought for my friend's 10 year old daughter for Christmas but was sorely tempted to keep it after a "sneak preview" as it is really good on technique and so well presented!
on 19 May 2016
Very useful to experienced artists. It doesn't actually explain how to start drawing animals well enough for beginners. There are many good ideas, hints and tips for the more practiced artist. Superb drawings.
on 30 May 2014
Amazing book, amazing artist.
A bit sad that its not hard cover, but its not that big of a deal. The inside counts - and it is absolutely great :)