on 1 May 2013
Love this, just what I wanted and it will help me a great deal to inspire me to tackle flower outlines that I want to paint or ice onto cakes. Not for everyone, as many images of this type can be extracted from google images if you know what you are looking for. For me it is perfect having flower images altogether in a book I can leaf through when designing a cake. On of my little grandaughter likes to have a go at drawing copies of some of the images to colour in.
on 31 August 2012
This is a great reference and source book, particularly for designs using floral patterns. I intend to use this book for embroidery and knitting designs. Also for developing colourful doodle -posters. The images are clear, which makes them easier to transfer into patterns for stitches etc. A great find.
on 18 May 2015
I just bought the kindle version of this book and I have to say that I don't think it's a particularly good book.
The illustrations aren't that good or clear and the is too much wasted space, some of the pictures are only half page and most of the space is wasted on plant stalks and really horribly rendered leaves, which should have been rendered to the same level.

Not that great for illustrators or designers.
on 31 August 2014
A fantastic resource for embroidery and glass painting. This offers stand alone blooms in simplified outlines as well as ready constructed outlines and corners. It also provides the names for each flower so you can easily find exactly what you want. The book is also larger than expected and each motif is well spaced.
on 20 September 2012
if you are looking for a source of ideas to decorate your turned woods you will not get lost for items from this book. some are quiet difficult to re make on wood as they are very intricate indeed.
on 16 October 2013
as it states comprehensive outline designs, has dot shading to add detail to design. bought for emdriodery - no frills but ideal for me and is as stated
on 3 March 2016
Disappointed, drawings are of a low quality and look as though they've been done with an unsteady / innacurate hand... Perhaps the kindest way of describing it is to say it's showing its age, as it was released in 1981. That said other books in the range from dover are of a much higher quality, like the fantastic ornaments and designs book.
on 6 January 2015
I was a bit worried that the designs might be unfamiliar flowers from other countries so was thrilled to see that the book is packed with flowers that are commonly found in Britain. It will serve me well in my crafty hobbies and since they are royalty-free I can sell my work without worrying about copyright infringement. Excellent!
on 18 September 2013
Arrived quickly and is a very useful book. Rather disappointed to find one of the pages had been coloured in by an infant hand, but it was pre-owned and must be very difficult for booksellers to check every page. Very usable and will use for designing.
on 27 September 2010
excellent book for practicing your skills on drawing and other hobbie crafts that can be created