5.0 out of 5 stars Techniques and 188 Designs
Very simply illustrated book. With fifty eight pages of floral, butterfly, leaves, fruits, alphabet and patterns on white work techniques.
Published on 13 Dec. 2009 by Laila M. S. Awad

3.0 out of 5 stars White Work
When I placed my order for this book, I thought it was to do with Parchment because of the title. To my shock and amazement when I opened the book and found it was to do with embroidery I was disappointed. I can however use some of the white work and transpose it to parchment. For someone who is into embroidery it would be fantastic.
Published 16 months ago by H Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Techniques and 188 Designs, 13 Dec. 2009
Laila M. S. Awad (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Work: Techniques and 188 Designs (Dover Embroidery, Needlepoint) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars White Work by Dover Needlework., 29 May 2009
Hazel Lynn (Worthing England) - See all my reviews
Although White Work is basically a needle work book, the patterns are also ideal for parchment craft.
Its packed with flower ,butterfly ,border and corner designs. A really nice book .

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what l thought it would be, 21 Dec. 2009
When l received this book l was disapointed at first. I thought it was pergamano patterns which it is not, it is more sewing patterns. It can be adapted for use as pergamano but you will need a printer that will increase and decrease pattern sizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read but not tried., 25 Jan. 2013
I haven't had much time to get into this book yet and maybe when I do I will like it more. I feel you have to know some about what you are doing first. I'm going to try the designs out on parchment first for family cards just to get used to the designs. This book I feel is aimed at an experienced sewer who is looking for a new area to enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars White Work, 31 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars White work, 2 Feb. 2014
Have not had time to read this book thoroughly as yet but at first glance appears easy to read and find the different chapters

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for beginner, 29 Oct. 2013
So very little examples on how to actually sew any of the designs. I expected a step by step guide, but found it not at all helpful. Okay for a more experienced stitched in the art of Whitework.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction., 21 Jan. 2013
Ms. J. A. Russell "Jan R" (Birmingham. U.K.) - See all my reviews
Quickly delivered and perfectly packed. A good introduction to the subject. This is the second copy I have bought as the first one went home with a friend and I don't expect to se it again for a while. :0)

2.0 out of 5 stars Plain, 28 Dec. 2013
this has black and white, written details about the stitches and then outlines of patterns in black and white and that is all. No inspiration at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars too simple, 9 May 2014
All the written details about the stitches and the outlines of the patterns are in black and white. I am still fairly satisfied with my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

White Work: Techniques and 188 Designs (Dover Embroidery, Needlepoint)