5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing results within 24 hours
You will think that I have been paid to write this but I have not. I suffered for several months from severe lower back pain and sciatica in both legs. After being told by medical profession nothing could be done except painkillers I had treatment by osteopath and accupuncture which made no difference.
The book arrived yesterday and after doing the exercises last...
Published on 6 Oct 2005 by P. Hayler

3.0 out of 5 stars Old pictures but good advive
I was recommended this book by a physio and it makes for interesting reading and have tried some of the exercises. Time will tell if they work...
Published 20 months ago by Pink Shirmp

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing results within 24 hours, 6 Oct 2005
P. Hayler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
The book arrived yesterday and after doing the exercises last evening and more important changing my way of sitting whilst watching TV or at the Computer I find this morning the pain has almost gone already.
I thorougly recommend this book to people with low back pain and sciatica. Incidently I am 72 and my email address is peter@peterhay.plus.com if you want to ask me any questions please do. I hope that the Author gets to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only thing that works, 7 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
I read this book about 2 and a half years ago and that is about how long it had been since i have been to an osteopath. If you follow the treatments laid down in this religiously you will be able to cure your own back - but only if you stick to the treatment. I do fitness and a lot of exercise and now I know that when my back gets stiff i have a sure fire way of curing it . BUY THIS BOOK - IT WORKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars You must try this !!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
I've suffered from lower back pain on and off for many years. I tend to have a very bad attack every 9-12 months, although it has recently become more frequent. Pain normally lasts for 4 or 5 days, then I get on with my life unil the next occurence.
I've seen my doctor about 10 times, had an MRI scan and also some physiotherapy.

I had an attack about 3 weeks ago. 6 days later I felt not too bad, so stupidly I played golf even though I knew I shouldn't. Sure enough on the 4th hole my back went again, leaving me on the floor screaming like a baby ! The book arrived yesterday but before I had a chance to open it I had another attack. I fell to the floor in lots of pain. Eventually I got myself onto the settee and started to read the book. The symptoms that he describes fit my profile exactly. After a couple of hours I tried exercises 1, 2 and 3. I was amazed to find that my back immediately felt a bit better. It's now nearly 24 hours since my attack and I've done these exercises 5 or 6 times. I'm walking around like I'm perfectly OK, and I feel a fraud because I'm off sick from work ! I know my back isn't fixed yet, but I have very little pain.

Having been resigned to suffering excrutiating pain on and off for the rest of my life, I now have hope that if I follow the advice and exercises in this book I can eliminate my pain, or at least manage it. I've never written a review for anything before, and I'm not prone to making wild claims. All I'm saying is that I know how I would be feeling today if I hadn't got this book, and I know how I am feeling and the difference is incredible. I'm just about to cancel the chiropracter visit that I have booked for tomorrow.

If you suffer from lower back pain I urge you to try this book. I ordered it in desperation, and I know it's early days for me, but the way I feel at the moment it's the best money I've ever spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 26 July 2005
C. Pritchard "strider" (Herts,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
In 97 I had severe lower back pain and sciatica, due to a prolapsed disc at L5. The exercises in this book alongside 4 visits to Physio for traction fixed the problem. I stuck with the exercises and eventually became pain free. Now I use them to manage the symptoms when they start up and keep any pain at bay. I have been successfully running and cycling ever since (not all the time) to a good club standard.
Can't recommend it enough...Hope you enjoy being pain free as I have and save yourself some cash too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relief at last!, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
I've had severe lower back pain caused by a prolapsed disc for about two and a half years, and have had treatments from a physio, a chiropractor and an osteopath, as well as spinal block injections. None of these treatments made much difference.

I was just about to give up and resign myself to a life of pain, when a friend recommended this book. As soon as it was delivered I started doing the exercises, and three weeks later I can honestly say I'm pain free!

Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
A very clear explanation on back problems and suggestions on how to resolve issues with cautions and clear illustrations of exercise routines that can give fast relief and long term prevention

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
This is the second time i have bought this book. I lent the first out and forgot who I lent it to. It is a great point of reference for back pain relief with plenty of easy exercises that work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldest is best, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
Simple to understand and when in pain easy to follow. It worked for me but I do have to keep remembering to strengthen my lordosis

3.0 out of 5 stars Old pictures but good advive, 30 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Control Your Lower Back Pain, 20 Aug 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Treat Your Own Back (Paperback)
This book was lent to me by a friend after I had developed bad lower back pain and following its advice has resulted in a real improvement.
The book explains in simple, non-medical terms the 'mechanics' of why the pain is occurring in the first place and goes on to advise how to deal with it. The exercises it suggests really work provided, firstly, that you have the necessary discipline (and/or desperation) to perform them regularly and, secondly, that you also follow the advice on improving your posture.
The book is very honest as to what it can and cannot achieve (i.e. it is not a substitute where surgery is required for a particular defect) but if your pain results principally from bad posture and sitting in front of a computer all day I would strongly advise you to buy it.

Treat Your Own Back
Treat Your Own Back by Robin McKenzie (Paperback - Dec 1983)
Used & New from: £12.89