Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 14 February 2008
I have been optimising sites for search (with a reasonable degree of success) as part of my occupation as a web developer for nearly four years now. At the time of writing, my site is #1 and #2 (out of more than 8.5 million) in Google for my chosen keyword term. Upon reading this book, I learned how to turn the "basic optimisation" that I do well, into a much more professional optimisation service suitable to be presented to (potential) clients. I own 8 SEO books. If you're starting out, "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" is a good place to start but I have learned more useful stuff from this book than from the other 7 combined.
0Comment81 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2006
Excellent! This is just the book if you need to make the most of your web site, improve its search rankings, increase its traffic, and generally made the most of what you want it to do. This applies to a single person business, small, medium, large or multinational firm. Whatever your circumstances, commercial, private or charitable, you will make more of your web site if you follow this guide.

Excellently written, in clear English, Search Engine Optimisation - An Hour A Day, will quickly and easily lead you to a greater understanding of how to carry out an SEO Plan. You are given the correct information in order to be able to do this and you are not given anything superfluous, saving you time and allowing you to concentrate on the actions that will get you to where you want to be. You can even choose to concentrate on only those matters which are absolutely essential thereby saving you even more time.

The two authors are greatly experienced in helping real people in every size and type of organisation to maximise their Search Engine rankings and make the most of their web site generally, and this shows in the book. You will find that they speak to you clearly and that you will gather information quickly and easily. They only use technical jargon when necessary and it is thoroughly explained accordingly. This book will suit you whether you are a techie or not.

The book will give you the knowledge that you need and will then supply you with a plan so that you can carry out SEO in an orderly fashion. Much more than this, the book cleverly helps you to identify the results that you want from your web site. The experience that the authors have working with all sizes and shapes of organisations is used to good effect and you will find that there is added value in helping you to get different departments to work together.

You will even find that you can access all the documents you need to carry out your campaign by simply visiting their web site and downloading all the templates that you need, such as To Do Lists, Keyword Spreadsheets and more. It is up to you how much time you spend every day on your project so you can spend less than one hour day if you choose.

You will find that you will have enough knowledge to be able to promote your web site in the way that you want by the time that you have finished reading this book. An easy read, logical, no boring history of the Internet, and a plan that just about anybody could carry out quite easily. Full marks all round!
0Comment77 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2007
A cracking introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (or Search Engine Marketing as they would prefer to call it!) Runs through the basics at a very easy pace (slightly slow, but at least it ensures that you've covered all the basics). Lots of practical exercises. For me, as a website designer, it confirmed a lot of suspicions I'd always had, and added some new ideas, but most importantly it gave me a focus for structuring my thinking; so even if you've been around in the web world for a bit it's a definite good buy.
on 31 March 2007
Being relatively new to SEO campaigns, I had a basic understanding of what was necessary, but have gleaned lots of extremely interesting information that I was not aware of. Technical truths are presented in such a way as to be easy accessible, and I would happily recommend the book to anyone wishing to promote their site on the Web.
0Comment31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2007
I found this a very interesting and focused book. The authors have a very direct and informative style. I enjoyed reading the book and I believe it will be very useful in my SEO campaign. The 'hour a day' really helps to keep the newbie on the right lines when planning a SEO campaign.
on 3 September 2008
This book excellent! I am working on my website and this book has been everything I needed in order to make it happen!
on 21 April 2011
This is a fantastic book for helping your website gain more visitors. It shows indepth, detailed and step by step guides on how to slowly but surely optimise your site by finding new keywords which are relevant to your site, on what basis to pick these keywords and where and why to include them on your site.

This is just skimming the surface and there is loads more to this book than I'll fit into this review. I wish I'd found this book 3 years ago as I'm already finding an increase in traffic to my site after only a couple of months of using this book.

A must buy for anyone wanting to increase targeted traffic to their site.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2014
Outdated now (Get the new version, this was 2006) but superb at setting up targetted SEO and campaigns.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse