5.0 out of 5 stars A one stop shop for customer service training
Published on 8 Oct. 2001 by Debbie T.

3.0 out of 5 stars love the dummies
the dummy books are always great and informative. An equally informative book on how to achieve great customer service is Secret Service: Licence to Thrill Your Customers great value for the time and money you invest. Not a heavy read and very enjoyable story to follow towards Service City.
Published on 25 Sept. 2009 by Roni

5.0 out of 5 stars A one stop shop for customer service training, 8 Oct. 2001
I teach customer service at a college for visually impaired people. This book uses simple language without being patronising to get across the basic principles. The chapters on email have been a great hit with the students, who are all practising emoticons like mad! If it has any faults it is that it is written for the American market, and therefore adjustments have to be made for Britain, but generally, it it the best book I have found for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book has hidden treasure, 22 Oct. 2002
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
There is no way just reading this book will turn you into a customer service professional. However, it does contain hidden treasures for those who already our customer service professionals. I was able to take advantage of the preprinted forms in the chapter called "Taking your Company's Pulse: How to Survey Your Customers".
I was grateful for the chapter called " You're Never Too Old (or young) to Learn: Service Training"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 May 2007
This review is from: Customer Service For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought the book just days before I had a customer service executive job interview for an online travel company. I had no experience whatsoever in cust. service but I had just finished Travel & Tourism courses and desperately wanted to find a job in this industry. And you know what - after reading that book I knew more about customer service than all my interviewers together and I got the job straight away!

Thank you so much, "Dummies.." and Amazon.co.uk who helped to get me my dream job :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!, 19 Dec. 2004
By A Customer
I must say this is a very useful and interesting book. It covers all you need to know about customer service in a very interesting way. Learn how to be a good employer, employee, seller, customer....it even gives examples on how to write good complaint letters! After you finish this book you will have a new point of view of what good customer service is. Written in a way that makes it very easy to understand and with examples based on experiences. I enjoyed reading this book and I can say that anyone who decides to give it a go will too. I hate books that try to find the most difficult ways to explain the simple ones! I might be a dummy....but a dummy that understands better and learns faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily read and helpful content, 25 Nov. 2004
I found this book to be quite good actually. I enjoy the writing style of the 'For Dummies' range of books - making serious content easy to digest and even fun! The book is no high brow, intellectual take on the intricacies of customer service, but then that's not why you buy these books is it?
What it does offer is a great practical view of interacting with people, and some great simple tips that you can implement almost immediately. What made the biggest impression on me was the books insistence on considering both points of view in each interaction. It reminded me to try to do it with my own customers.
Buy it and put it on your bedside cabinet for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful addition to your customer service library, 17 Oct. 2008
Simon Hazeldine (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Customer Service For Dummies (Paperback)
As with other 'Dummies' books this provides a pretty comprehensive overview of the subject. The authors are experienced professionals in the field and clearly have much expertise to share. The 'Dummies' books are laid out in an appealing and easy to digest way. Great to dip into for inspiration.

Simon Hazeldine Author of 'Bare Knuckle Customer Service', 'Bare Knuckle Selling' and 'Bare Knuckle Negotiating'

3.0 out of 5 stars love the dummies, 25 Sept. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars customer service, 13 May 2013
I rated this book 5 star because of its content.
I liked it because how it is set out simple to find what you are looking for within the book.
I would recommend this book to anyone that is studying customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars I AM NOT A DUMMY, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Customer Service For Dummies (Paperback)
i am an Customer Service Assessor and not a dummy. I found this book quite helpful, it is easy to read and can be put down anytime. Examples are good and the tips. I am glad I bought it so cheaply and from time to time will look at it to confirm any gaps in my education.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book !!!, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Customer Service For Dummies (Paperback)
I loved every bit of this book much needed n very helpful , don't waste your time looking for more books in same category , this book has all pre-formatted questions and important information

Customer Service For Dummies
Customer Service For Dummies by Keith Bailey (Paperback - 12 May 2006)
Used & New from: £4.84