5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful
This book is essentially a picture dictionary of architecture.

It is packed with line drawings of the best quality. It is very didactic and very straightforward.

The focus is on world architecture, so that every type of building gets a share of the book, and nothing is unduly left aside.

Essential to understand the basics of the concepts...
Published on 17 Mar. 2010 by Artsreadings

1.0 out of 5 stars It seems like nonsense to me!
Not what the I expected at all! Not useful for students. It seems like nonsense to me! I had to return it, sorry!
Published on 12 Aug. 2011 by hebohero

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 17 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
This book is essentially a picture dictionary of architecture.

Essential to understand the basics of the concepts and rationale of architectural practice, thinking and theory.

Of value to both connoisseurs and practitioners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I needed within one cover, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
The Architect-wanabe in me wanted to learn more about just "Form, Space and Order". I must that I wasn't disappointed: I appreciate both the presentation and the information in itself. Sure, you won't become a Master only by adding this title to your collection, but there's a lot to reflect about all along these pages. The CD inside is a good visual résumé of it all, so just take your time to practice the different steps, one after another...

I also read some complains about Mr Ching drawing style, which maybe wasn't the best ever, according to some kind of experts (!?) I must say that I am very impressed by most of his drawings and that I would love to have even a small part of his skill!

5.0 out of 5 stars Architecture explained, 22 Nov. 2009
W. Devereux (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
The depth of knowledge shared in this book makes it a must have for anyone who is studying Architecture, Spatial or Interior Design, Planning or Town Development. This book should have been on my book list - but wasn't!
So glad I found it - Thanks to friend Caz who told me about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but very useful!, 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
As someone only really starting up in the world of design I found this book to be intimidating at first but after a while of usage and time I think its a really great buy.

Lots of illustrations and references to architecture, simple clear writing form.

A must buy definately for those starting up in architecture, interior design or alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent service/book, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
This book is very useful for people who are interested in architecture, I just started university and find this book essential. Delivery was pretty fast and the book arrived in excellent condition. Happy to recommend seller and item too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
This book covers everything from the elemental to complex structures. The CD-ROM was a pleasant surprise and was quit informative. All in all a great book for beginners and long time students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Architecture: Form, Space, and Order, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
Ordered this for my course. It's very helpful and the book is written clearly. I use this book when ever I need help. Would recommend this book to all architecture students

5.0 out of 5 stars Architecture book, 19 Aug. 2009
D. Mercer (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
An excellent reference book for students and the like. Bought as a present and was well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful architectural book!, 12 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
I read this book in Chinese when I started to learn architecture many yaers ago, and I bought the English version later when I came to the US. I love it, it is one of the best architectural books that you can have.

Gang Chen, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Author of "Architectural Practice Simplified," "LEED GA Exam Guide," "Planting Design Illustrated," and other books on various LEED exams, architecture, and landscape architecture

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Architecture: Form, Space, and Order (Paperback)
I LOVE books like this so much, they are incredibly useful for design students and it arrived very quickly, as well as being in perfect condition!
This is one of my absolute favourites, it's clearly written, contains a massive amount of information and is incredibly helpful for advice on big projects.

Architecture: Form, Space, and Order
Architecture: Form, Space, and Order by Francis D. K. Ching (Paperback - 3 Aug. 2007)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available