on 17 March 2010
This book is essentially a picture dictionary of architecture.

It is packed with line drawings of the best quality. It is very didactic and very straightforward.

The focus is on world architecture, so that every type of building gets a share of the book, and nothing is unduly left aside.

Essential to understand the basics of the concepts and rationale of architectural practice, thinking and theory.

Of value to both connoisseurs and practitioners.
on 17 February 2011
The Architect-wanabe in me wanted to learn more about just "Form, Space and Order". I must that I wasn't disappointed: I appreciate both the presentation and the information in itself. Sure, you won't become a Master only by adding this title to your collection, but there's a lot to reflect about all along these pages. The CD inside is a good visual résumé of it all, so just take your time to practice the different steps, one after another...

I also read some complains about Mr Ching drawing style, which maybe wasn't the best ever, according to some kind of experts (!?) I must say that I am very impressed by most of his drawings and that I would love to have even a small part of his skill!
on 22 November 2009
The depth of knowledge shared in this book makes it a must have for anyone who is studying Architecture, Spatial or Interior Design, Planning or Town Development. This book should have been on my book list - but wasn't!
So glad I found it - Thanks to friend Caz who told me about it.
on 4 October 2010
As someone only really starting up in the world of design I found this book to be intimidating at first but after a while of usage and time I think its a really great buy.

Lots of illustrations and references to architecture, simple clear writing form.

A must buy definately for those starting up in architecture, interior design or alike.
on 5 October 2009
This book is very useful for people who are interested in architecture, I just started university and find this book essential. Delivery was pretty fast and the book arrived in excellent condition. Happy to recommend seller and item too.
on 19 September 2012
This book covers everything from the elemental to complex structures. The CD-ROM was a pleasant surprise and was quit informative. All in all a great book for beginners and long time students.
on 5 August 2013
Ordered this for my course. It's very helpful and the book is written clearly. I use this book when ever I need help. Would recommend this book to all architecture students
on 19 August 2009
An excellent reference book for students and the like. Bought as a present and was well received.
on 12 November 2007
I read this book in Chinese when I started to learn architecture many yaers ago, and I bought the English version later when I came to the US. I love it, it is one of the best architectural books that you can have.

Gang Chen, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Author of "Architectural Practice Simplified," "LEED GA Exam Guide," "Planting Design Illustrated," and other books on various LEED exams, architecture, and landscape architecture
on 28 December 2013
I LOVE books like this so much, they are incredibly useful for design students and it arrived very quickly, as well as being in perfect condition!
This is one of my absolute favourites, it's clearly written, contains a massive amount of information and is incredibly helpful for advice on big projects.