on 22 January 2007
This is an absolutely great book. At over 1000 pages it's a real opus - covering everything from ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, vector calculus, fourier analysis, complex analysis and probability. It's exceptionally well written - with plenty of clear examples, diagrams and exercises - constantly cross referencing back to the particular idea or formula that an example is employing. It presupposes only elementary calculus - and so makes an excellent university textbook to accompany study, or as a self-study book to further your maths knowledge.

I wish all maths books were this well written!
on 14 July 2012
this is a great book and covers a great deal of material. The great thing about this book is that it will cover everything from first year all the way up to phd level! this is a book for anyone who wants to develop maths to an advanced level granted there are easier books but for the serious engineer/scientist at some point you have to put the baby books away and get this
on 5 February 2009
I have an old version of this that I still occassionally use. It was one of our course books at University many years ago. This latest edition has an easier to read approach and covers most of the subjects with greater clarity and freshness.
on 31 October 2013
It contained all the mathematical wizardry for the second year of my physics undergrad. I especially found the proofs useful as a guideline as how to set up a mathematical argument.
on 9 November 2015
Good reading experience, book in perfect conditions, I strongly recommend.
on 26 October 2014
Firstclass. Am only sorry I delayed so long in its purchase!
on 23 October 2014
Very quick delivery and helpful
on 5 November 2006
A novice to engineering, I decided I'd start from the top and work my way backwards. A difficult task I know, but I like a challenge. And how fantastic the experience was. The feelings going through me when I read about the Fourier analysis and the numerical methods were almost erotic in their complexity! So many computer problems, and the team projects are just out of this world. I don't know how I managed to live with myself before I found this book - the veritable bible of the modern world. Ignore it at your peril! Aaah....
0Comment4 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2014
really good!!
on 13 February 2013
It is a very Good book and helped me a lot study for my exams in ODE and Complex variables.
0Comment1 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse