on 17 March 2010
All medical and student nurses should get a copy of this book; it explains body systems in great detail. I passed two human biology exams by reading this book alone. However, this book is not for the faint hearted, as it contains many different sections. You should really read a basic human biology book before attempting to read this one, as it really does go into great depth and you need some level of knowledge and understanding before trying to get to grips with it.
on 2 April 2008
This is a well written book. It gives a good introduction to anatomy and physiology. However, as a medical student I found that there is not enough details either for anatomy or physiology. It would probably be helpful in year one semester one.

I bought this book because I liked how it is written and I liked the pictures and diagrams. However I ended up buying separate anatomy book (Moore full size *****) and separate physiology book.
on 28 September 2013
I purchased this book for my CYQ fitness instructing course and icannot recommend it enough, it really does include everything you will possibly need! A must buy!
on 28 March 2014
Book was as described inside. It is clean and near new as described. It arrived within the given timeline too.
on 29 October 2012
I love this book it is perfect for me. Easy to understand. I would recomend it to the other students.
on 24 April 2015
Tortora is the person to read and quote in degree level A&P
on 26 June 2015
so hard to find this book so useful for nurses
on 12 February 2015
Very detailed and informative. Good condition.
on 10 June 2015
Love the book
on 22 November 2009
This is a fantastic book for anyone doing any sort of physiology or anatomy based degree at Uni. I'm doing Podiatry at Huddersfield and my Physiology tutor swears by Tortora and I can see why!
I bought a copy second hand from Amazon (Private seller) and I received a copy in emaculate condition and am delighted with my purchase.