on 16 July 2015
I honestly haven't read this book, but the cover is so off-putting it makes me wonder whetehr the author has any idea about design whatsoever. This impression was blostered while taking a look iside. Awful over-designed layouts, as bad as a computer magazine. This seems to be the victory of DTP over ... everything. Almost nothing is conveyed any more. Not that I am in any way anti-avant-garde. Au contraire. But as everywehre there is good and bad, and this falls most sucessfully in the latter category. (I repeat, I haven't read the book so will not comment on what by all accounts is a jolly good read. For this it gets one more star than I would otherwise give this product.)
on 21 November 2011
This book is co comprehensive and extensive, yet written so well that it is an absolut joy to read. Meggs's writing is well organised, comfortable to read, and so informative.

A definite must for any graphic designer, this book tops the competition by far.
on 18 November 2014
Delivery took a while, but the book is well worth reading!
on 22 April 2015
Great! Best book of it's type around at the moment.
on 27 May 1999
The third edition is even better than the second. An instructor's handbook with suggested multiple choice on-line quizes might expedite the function of the information flow to students and enhance its pedagogical purposes.
on 3 November 2010
I bought this book on a request of my sister who studies graphic design and she says it's a great book in this field.
on 14 November 2009
Meggs book gives a very good and in depth look into Graphic Design, perfect to start off your library of design books!
on 21 October 2015
I bought it for my daughter and have not seen it so I can not comment.