5.0 out of 5 stars New to Plating? Then DO read this!
The negative reviews and low rating of this book left me so flabbergasted that I had to put in my 2c. I love this book and have bought two additional copies for friends as gifts.

OK, it's probably not a book for professional chefs or people who have been plating food at home since they were two bricks and tickey high. But if you've recently discovered plating,...
Published on 25 Nov 2007 by J. L. Keating

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pictures but lacking substance
Whilst some of the presentation ideas are good (not that there are many!) there is little detail on methods used (two or three pictures at most on each)and even fewer recipes...

One of those books that could have been good, but simply fell at the first hurdle - i.e. to engage and inspire!

You could probably gain more from browsing a sunday newspaper...
Published on 15 Feb 2007 by Krishnamurti

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It, 26 Feb 2011
Leslie Jonsson "Leslie" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation (Hardcover)
I bought this book with the expectation that I would be getting a lot more detail about creating a beautiful plate. But, instead I have a book that is very incomplete and the photos? Well, I really wish the author had completed the series showing all the steps and not just a few. I was really very very disapointed in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I have been looking for !, 1 Aug 2012
I have been looking for a book like this for such a long time. The pictures are amazing which are very clear and easy to follow. So many times I have come back from a restaurant thinking " I wonder how they did that,.." and now I know.
Do not expect a book of wonderful recipes for there are only approx about a dozen recipes for sauces plus a few other recipes to assist you to garnish and present you complete meal. A marvelous buy, which I do highly recommend to all of us who wish to hear a "wow" at the dining table !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining cook book, 15 Aug 2009
S. Machell (uk) - See all my reviews
A bit boring to be honest... Not a lot in it and certainly not worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review to working the plate - the art of food presentation, 5 April 2011
It's a good book for initiating cooks that desire to progress and understand a litle bit more to the art of plating.
It focus some tecniques but leads out most importants.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 27 July 2012
i bought that book few years ago as a chef i thought i might get few ideas out of it but it was really poor and basic .

Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation
Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation by Christopher Styler (Hardcover - 22 Sep 2006)
20.39