5.0 out of 5 stars A superb book but only if used with other success traits
Published on 18 Feb 2005 by Tufty

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't we used to call this prayer??
Bob Scheinfeld outlines an interesting and intelligent approach to the application of a universal spiritual principle in a secular context, namely how to build and benefit from a relationship with your Higher Self - or "your Inner CEO" as Bob puts it.
Published on 9 July 2004 by S. Warrilow

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't we used to call this prayer??, 9 July 2004
S. Warrilow (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 11th Element: The Key to Unlocking Your Master Blueprint for Wealth and Success (Business) (Hardcover)
The strength of this material lies firstly in its language and style of presentation which successfully avoids any religious or "new-age" jargon, and secondly in its structured and systematic approach as to how to apply this principle.
My main criticism of this book is that it is positioned as the missing or secret factor that is required to achieve wealth and success. But, as Bob tells us on P185, "becoming successful in business or becoming wealthy may not be part of your mission or life purpose."
Throughout the book Bob stresses the critical importance of your "mission or life purpose" as the ultimate determining factor as to whether (or when) wealth and success will be achieved.
It would be more accurate and truthful (and ultimately more helpful to the majority of people who may not be destined for great wealth and material success) if the primary focus of the book was on how to establish and fulfill your personal "mission or life purpose". But perhaps that angle wouldn't sell as well...
However, I do recommend this book. Follow the steps and processes that are so clearly outlined and then use them to discover and fulfil your mission or purpose in life - which may or may not include wealth and material success!
As a final observation, and from a British reader's perspective, it does get a bit irritating to see all usual mutual and self-serving flattery from personal development industry colleagues and competitors in the sleeve notes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb book but only if used with other success traits, 18 Feb 2005
Tufty (South East England) - See all my reviews
I read this book 9 months ago and at the time thought I had found all I needed to in order to be successful. I also wanted to write a review but have waited until now so that I could put into practice everything that Bob talks about and see the results. I admire Bob hugely, from his integrity to his excellent writing style, and have since read many more articles written by him and am fascinated by his ideas and methodology.
I read and re-read the book and have written over 50 requests to my Inner CEO and to be honest only about 3 to 4 have really come about. Frustrating? Perhaps. I have however just finished reading Napoleon Hill's 'Think and Grow Rich' for the first time and now it all fits into place. The 11th Element is just one part of 13 that is needed for complete success to come about. The part that is lacking from the 11th Element is true desire on an on-going basis. If you can put a request in to your Inner CEO, have a huge burning desire for it come about and then focus all your attention, mind and actions on it coming about then you are on to a winner. I feel now that in the past I just put some requests in that were mere wishes and I didn't really believe they would come about and hence I got just that.
Having said all that I would still highly recommend reading this as it is so well written and has so many insights beyond the norm of everyday life that your knowledge will be so much the better for it and when it fits into the bigger puzzle then you get its true worth. I hope you enjoy it and good luck with your journey to wherever you are going.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 24 Jan 2013
The elaborate wishful system that does not work, don't even go there. Reading this book is complete waste of time, don't even start.