Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 December 2000
One of the best book in elementary chemical engineering. I doubt anyone will disagree. If you are a practising chemical engineer like myself or a student, get hold of a copy of this book, this book will take you through some basic stuffs which you/we might struggle sometime. Thanks for reading. OSU class of 1997
on 29 December 2006
This book is an excellent reference on Chemical Processes Principles and Calculations for any engineer or practitioner working in the process industries. I am an Electronic Engineer, but I have been working for the last 16 years as an Instrumentation, Automation and Process Control Engineer for the Oil & Gas Industry. As a result I have been involved with Chemical Engineering issues in a day to day basic.

I have found this book to be an ideal self-study guide. The book includes a A CD-ROM that provides an active learning environment. If a non Chemical Engineer can learn Chemical Engineering Principles from this book, I guarantee that any Chemical Engineering student or practitioner will find this readable textbook very useful.

Another great reference is David Himmelblau's Book "Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering"
on 28 January 2002
I only wish I had this book when I was in college. It covers the basics of material & energy balances with exceptional clarity. Its easy to read and full of helpful examples and end of chapter summaries.
It would be of use for students doing their final design projects and even practicing chemical engineers will find this text useful.
However, the best thing about this book is the CD-ROM and the visual encyclopedia of chemical process equipment - every graduate about to start his/her first job should get this cd, as it shows how process equipment actually works using moving diagrams etc. Something (I feel) you don't get from unit operation modules in college
on 20 September 2015
Delivered on time. Product is exactly as described. Would recommend this book to any Chem Eng students. But as always, it is cheaper to get it from your library!
on 20 December 2012
This is a good book for a chemical engineer. I like that book because it's very usefull & comprehensive about the subject.
on 12 January 2015
Used on my course 'Process Analysis' at Imperial College. It covers the entire course in enough depth.
on 4 July 2014