on 10 September 2002
To be fair, this is an excellent book for any Information Systems study - I used it on my MSc. It is extremely comprehensive, and if anything, went into too much detail (which is no bad thing). The further reading suggestions were particularly helpful.
However, I found the lack of answers to the myriad of set questions very frustrating (apparently you can get them from the author, for a fee). The style the book is written in makes it all a hard slog - I'd lose the will to live after reading 2 chapters at once. But it is still worth reading and referring to - it's almost indispensable as a study aid.
on 12 November 2000
Used this book as reference to the HNC BIT course. Very informative, and helped with assignments. Goes a bit above the required depth but most sections are easily followed. Worth having if your into computer IT.
on 25 October 2009
The book is an excellent materials, simple english to follow especially for beginners, good examples with step by step approach to solutions. Its a very good book for personal reference and library use.
on 5 February 2013
I have no knowledge of this item as it was a Birthday gift. The recipient however, was very pleased with it . The item arrived within the dates given and was in excellent order. Excellent service
on 8 February 2013
I wouldn't have purchased this book had I known! Although it does cover an awful lot of stuff, you will fall asleep in a flash when reading it. I sold mine on shortly after purchase
on 7 January 2015
Excellent: this book is readily available in college libraries and I recommend it
on 2 March 2016
Item arrived in good condition, thanks a lot!
VINE VOICEon 7 March 2002
I really loved this book and I think it is great study material for computer science students like myself. I woul have given englander an extra star if he would have got a bit more into detail in the advanced parts ...