4.0 out of 5 stars Little Man Computer - arrrghh!
To be fair, this is an excellent book for any Information Systems study - I used it on my MSc. It is extremely comprehensive, and if anything, went into too much detail (which is no bad thing). The further reading suggestions were particularly helpful.
Published on 10 Sep 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively boring
I wouldn't have purchased this book had I known! Although it does cover an awful lot of stuff, you will fall asleep in a flash when reading it. I sold mine on shortly after purchase
Published 22 months ago by Martin Smyth

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Man Computer - arrrghh!, 10 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Architecture of Computer Hardware and Systems Software: An IT Approach (2nd Edition) (Hardcover)
However, I found the lack of answers to the myriad of set questions very frustrating (apparently you can get them from the author, for a fee). The style the book is written in makes it all a hard slog - I'd lose the will to live after reading 2 chapters at once. But it is still worth reading and referring to - it's almost indispensable as a study aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for the HNC BIT course, 12 Nov 2000
J. Matthews (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Used this book as reference to the HNC BIT course. Very informative, and helped with assignments. Goes a bit above the required depth but most sections are easily followed. Worth having if your into computer IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Architecture of Computer Hardware and Systems Software, 25 Oct 2009
The book is an excellent materials, simple english to follow especially for beginners, good examples with step by step approach to solutions. Its a very good book for personal reference and library use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively boring, 8 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 5 Feb 2013
I have no knowledge of this item as it was a Birthday gift. The recipient however, was very pleased with it . The item arrived within the dates given and was in excellent order. Excellent service

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book!!!, 7 Mar 2002
Jurgen Van Gael (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I really loved this book and I think it is great study material for computer science students like myself. I woul have given englander an extra star if he would have got a bit more into detail in the advanced parts ...

Used & New from: £0.01