on 21 February 2010
I bought this book to give me some creative ideas when teaching Ancient Greece to Year 5 children. It was a fantastic resource providing simple craft activities which brought the subject to life. It explained how to make your own Chiton or Peplos from a sheet and safety pins (so that parents didn't need to go to a lot of trouble preparing outfits for our 'Greek Day'). It also gave pronunciation guides. It offered ideas for making Greek jewellery, shields, actors masks, meze and much more. It is an excellent resource for teachers and I think it would be a great present for junior age children who will be studying Ancient Greece.
on 13 April 2010
This is the second book of Greek activities that I bought, and it is the best. A very wide range range of ideas, 30 in all, covering clothing, food, boats, olympics, and so on. Many of the activities suit me, as a teacher, as they crossover several curriculum areas. A good find.
on 9 April 2011
This is great!
I organised an Ancient Greek day for my Year 5 class using some of the ideas in the book - they loved it!
on 27 September 2014
This book is really useful for homework projects and for indepth knowledge about the Greeks.
on 17 November 2014
Ideal product for helping children to learn about the ancient Greeks.
on 29 June 2015
Lots of good ideas.
on 25 July 2015
very good
on 11 February 2014
not just did I love it the child did too, which is promising as he is a reluctant reader but is enjoying this book
on 14 May 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this and it has helped with her homework would really recommend it to any one even adults