5.0 out of 5 stars Great assistance for my MBA

Published 9 months ago by Mr. M. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great assistance for my MBA, 8 Nov 2011
Ian Dempster - See all my reviews
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
I was doing the economics unit of an MBA. The MBA textbook was heavy reading and not always easy to understand. I bought this Dummies book for lighter bedtime reading. I think it is extremely well written, concise and easy to understand. I much preferred the Dummies book to my MBA textbook, and often referred to it when I couldn't understand the textbook. It's not really for dummies - it's just so well structured that it make it easier for us all to understand. The UK edition has a few examples of English football etc. I'm from Australia and could easily relate to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely helpful, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
I am currently an A-level student. Since I had a school prize in Business & Economics subject, I needed to look for a book and I found this. This book is really helpful, it gives information in the most simple way it can, as I am a foreigner therefore it's even more important to me. Moreover it's really detailed and designed also for people who are not doing Economics but want to understand something about it. I would really recommend you to buy this book especially if you are a beginner to Business & Economics the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explains very well., 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
This is the first economics book Iv ever read/studied, Im half way through it and I love the fact that it explains complicated ideas in a very simple manner. Its very easy to follow. I will never regret buying this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too involved for the casual reader, 6 Oct 2013
Mr. M. Brown "Mat" (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
The fundamental principles of economics are very easy to grasp and you certainly do not need to study the maths to understand them. You could probably condense all the important infomation from this book into a short essay or a ten minute Youtube video. Unfortunately almost all of the chapters contain lengthy algebraic descriptions which demand a certain level of intelligence from the reader. If you're about to embark on an academic course then I highly recommend this for you, but for someone merely wishing to familiarise themselves with the principles it's far too protracted.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great starter guide, 28 Sep 2012
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone starting out learning about economics. It is a great companion guide to read alongside more detailed serious text books because it explains many of the more complicated issues very clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making the "dismal science" a little less dismal!, 14 Jan 2014
Ripple (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
The Economics version of the Dummies series is one of the best that I have read. Usually, I think that the series works well for things like software and less well for more general subjects where the bitty structure and characteristic Dummies contents like the "Part of Tens" as well as the humour tend to get in the way. Not so with the Economics book. While you can still "dip into" it, it also works well as an introductory text that can be read cover to cover. The humour is light enough to enliven the "dismal science" but not so daft as to become annoying. The result is a book that is perhaps more detailed and heavyweight than some might expect from a Dummies book - it's hard to accurately identify the level but I'd say that it is perhaps most suitably pitched to first year university level. Of course that depends on the course etc, but while it is certainly not too hard to follow for A level students or armchair economists, perhaps some of the graph and algebraic information, while well explained, might be more than is needed and may in fact put some off it.

Most introductory books tend to be stronger on macroeconomics - as it lends itself more to being interesting as a basic level - but this book also gives due weight to microeeconomics and spends much time on supply and demand curves and the implications of monopoly etc. Unless you are studying it, this might make it too dry for the casual reader who wants just to know a bit more about economics.

The authors have an ability to make complex, but logical ideas simple to understand. I'd definitely recommend this and it exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
am studying Business in college and economics is one of my subjects and this book really does guide you step by step as anyone studying economics knows how hard the subject is

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant book, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book - easy to read and so informative. I had no idea that economics could be such fun! I bought this book to help me with a course of study and found it easy to pick up the key concepts I needed to get my head around. Even when the immediate need passes I know I will re-read this book many times. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
Prompt delivery and a very useful book. This book serves the purpose very well. I would recommend the book as well as the supplier

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Economics For Dummies (Paperback)
Well written and instructive. Economics for Dummies is easy to understand and provides a light-hearted over view of the subject

Economics For Dummies
Economics For Dummies by Sean Masaki Flynn (Paperback - 23 Nov 2010)
11.19