5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with tasteful photographs
Published on 26 Nov 2011 by lochnessie233

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic
Basic book about photography really suggested for newbies.
Interesting for the tips concerning composition and props.
Easy to read.
Ok.
Published 4 months ago by Mirko Merchiori

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with tasteful photographs, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling (Paperback)
This book is a fantastic primer on photography and in particular food photography and presentation. I'm a budding food photographer and really enjoyed reading this book as it made me feel more confident in how to set up a scene before shooting and how to approach winter no-light situations. Her style of photography and choice of props is very tasteful and classic. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to photograph food without mumbo jumbo, 15 Aug 2011
A very interesting and easy manual to photograph food. The author gives all, not hiden secrets, only good and practical advise. It made me understand some camera's features and gave me some confidence with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 16 May 2013
I have only read a few chapters so far but i can see that it is a fantastic book. Well written, great detail and perfect for anyone at any level of photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Title, 14 April 2013
A well explained system for food photography. Always looking for the simpler answer - natural light, dining table, home made reflectors. I wish I'd had this book a few years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile read, 5 Mar 2012
Wonderful quality product - with some great images to inspire. I have not read it cover to cover yet, but loving what I have seen so far. Quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome beginners guide to food photography., 1 Sep 2012
Vivienne N. (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I own a food blog website, it's smthg I do for a hobby, but after a while I wanted it to look a little more professional, with pretty food pictures to go with it. Hence, I did some research and I ended up buying this book ~ and boy, am I glad I did. I have never worked with anything more than just a regular hand-held, point n shoot camera for all my food photos, but after reading this book I felt ready to get myself an entry level dSLR. By following the instructions in this well written book, my food photos have benefitted remarkably ... I mean the quality and sharpness of my photos impress me immensely. They still aren't perfect but I am learning smthg new everyday.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have learnt about light, lighting methods and manipulating it in order to capture an awesome snap. I NEVER KNEW!! I used to use flash photography for everything, but now I know better and suddenly I have options. Shooting in natural light has become a huge favourite of mine.

Then there is the whole thing about focus and choosing the appropriate backdrop; placement of food subjects; equipment required; how to do post-editing; props ... the list goes on. All in all I find this book very concise and easy to read and follow ~ especially for a photography newbie such as myself. I haven't had my new dSLR for very long, a couple of months, but already I am inspired and enthusiastic about the future of my photography skills and the success of my food blog.

Definitely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great natural light book, 9 Oct 2011
I bought it because talks extensively about natural light photography and it's really great. Really simple tips and you can "manipulate" natural light easily!!. And, of course, food photography. :)
Composition, equipment, and fantastic pictures everywhere. Now to get clients. Thank you Helen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 April 2014
Covers everything you need it to start food photography - but not too basic - It would be a good companion for the absolute beginner to intermediate photographer. Beautiful and inspiring photographs illustrate the points made in the text.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 7 Mar 2014
Basic book about photography really suggested for newbies.
Interesting for the tips concerning composition and props.
Easy to read.
Ok.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a LOT of blah and waffle, 1 Feb 2014
This book is very good if you want to take good pictures of food for whatever reason. It's very in depth. If you want to simply take pictures of food then I'd recommend the eBook by Pinch of Yum, their website alone has loads of ideas. This is a good book but I've found it frustrating as it hasn't really told me anything, I needed a book that said: "Set your camera to this and get this shot" or to give me ideas for backgrounds and plating up, it's not been as helpful as I'd have liked but I've been able to take good ideas from it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling
Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling by Helene Dujardin (Paperback - 6 May 2011)
15.99