4.0 out of 5 stars A good investment
I'm a first year radiography student and I bought this book because I felt that I needed to supplement the two other anatomy and physiology books (Moore & Daly - anatomy, Pocock - Physiology) that I purchased as part of my uni reading list. I am delighted with Tortora. The atlas is very useful as a quick reference and I appreciate the style of writing in the textbooks -...
Published on 1 Jun 2011 by therapy student

3.0 out of 5 stars Too simplistic
Firstly, I must point out that this is a very well written and easily understandable book. The chapters are very well organised and easy to follow. It's a very good starting point when it comes to studying a topic.

My problem is that while it's a good place to start, it is simply not comprehensive enough for medical students. I used it throughout my first year...
Published 8 months ago by Wardylufc

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any student!, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology International Student Version (2 Volume Set) (Isv 13th Edition) (Paperback)
This book is the best book you will come across if you are a student or working in the health sector. I am studying speech and language therapy and was recommended this book by my lecturers. After taking it out in the library multiple times i decided to look into buying it. Amazon had it at a ridiculously excellent price (50 instead of nearly 200!) so i snapped it up instantly. I would say it would still be worth it's full price though - it's invaluable.
The set comes in two volumes and includes a breif atlas of the skeleton, surface anatomy and medical images. It is highly detailed but in an understandable way. If you're thinking of buying it, you won't regret the purchase at all! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 9 Oct 2011
These books are so worth the money, you get your money's worth with two thick volumes & a skeletal atlas. Such a good buy particularly for students would reccommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Very Informative Text!, 12 Sep 2011
These texts have proven to be well worth the money spent on them so far! They have great diagrams and examples and give a good overview of Anatomy and Physiology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
Excellent condition...met my expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars Recomended reading, 14 Sep 2013
This was one of the specified text for the nursing course first year so essential reading. Best to buy your own copy than rely on the library copy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!, 31 July 2013
Hollie (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I bought these books to help give me help in physiology and anatomy before going to university. At college I done a BTEC and didnt feel that my knowledge of these subjects was enough for my BSC Sports Therapy course at university. After buying the books it has done exactly what I needed it to. The book covers everything I needed and more, and was really easy to use. Would definitely recommend for any student doing a health related degree!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Mar 2013
Wow anatomy and physiology is a challenge. Good book .ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent basic Year 1 medicine textbooks, 13 Dec 2012
I bought this set for my first year in medical school and they are proving to be an excellent staple textbook. As they combine anatomy and physiology together, they are not going to have incredible detail on every single topic but so far, they have explained most of what I need to know. I also use Tortora as a starting point and like to use it in combination with Sherwood's Physiology for a bit more detail. I do also think the diagrams in here are very good too for anatomy and visualisation. Thoroughly recommended for earlier years as I can imagine 'growing out' of them nearing the final years of medical school.

1.0 out of 5 stars not very good, 28 Dec 2013
too much writing and not enough pictures and visual information, so i returned this product to amazon to get a refund to buy a different books