Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 December 2009
My son was delighted to get this book for Christmas. He's studying to be a psychiatric nurse and says this book is very, very helpful.
on 4 November 2009
I was in desperate need of an anatomy and physiology book that explained the complicated jargon that I've read in other A&P books, in an easy to digest manor.
When I purchased 'Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies' I found a book that does just that.

This book is charming and educational all at once and is perfect to use along side more in-depth textbooks.
on 11 July 2013
I'd already seen a copy of this book at Waterstones, so I knew what I was getting.
It is very helpful, with clear, simple explanations, diagrams, tables and I like the central colour plates.
It is good value through Amazon & arrived in excellent time to assist in revising for the next training day of the course I am taking.
on 31 December 2010
This is a really good book to get you started on any subjects in A & P that you find hard to get your head round. I am a student paramedic and found some of the subjects in uni hard to get my head round as I have been out of education for a while. This book explains each concept in a clear, simple and concise manner that doesn't confuse the reader. It has been greatly useful to me as a starting block before moving onto my more complex books in my reading list Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness: With access to Ross & Wilson website for electronic ancillaries and eBook and Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology: International Student Version
on 29 November 2012
The book it's self was OK. But I was expecting it to be a bit more simplistic. I still wasn't able to understand Anatomy and Physiology after reading this book and it wasn't very helpful.
on 15 April 2016
This was a weird mix of lots of information I didn't need and not enough detail on the areas I did. Lots of text, a few colour pages in the middle but not fit for my purpose.
on 23 September 2014
Fabulous book for anatomy teaching. Could assist students studying for healthcare. Recommended to students or if you like the way the human body works. Recommended
on 15 March 2010
I purchased this as a sports coach and trainer of sports coaches to assess its suitability as a reference and to be added to a list of recommended reading for those that I train.

I believe it meets that criteria and is an easy to read and affordable work for those that need to understand the workings of the human body. As other reviewers have commented, it could be even more useful with additional illustrations, particularly colour plates, but this would inevitably increase its price and thus be less attractive to trainees.
on 5 September 2010
I bought the book as part of a long list of pre-reading for a Masters in Occupational Therapy. I thought it would be good to get something to start off with that wasn't to science technical - something that could give me the basics allowing me to move on to more complicated material at a later stage. I have to say I didn't really rate the book - I actually found it quite infuriating. I thought the layout of the book was quite confusing - diagrams which weren't properly referenced in the text so you didn't know which one you were supposed to look at! Explanations were often large chunks of texts when a bullet point layout would have been much clearer. The constant referring you to other part of the book to explain things was also annoying along with the poor diagrams. All in all I wouldn't recommend it but instead would buy Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Tortora which (although expensive) is just so much better!
on 5 May 2013
You really need to have lots and lots of pictures when dealing with A&P, especially if like me you have no background.