5.0 out of 5 stars not written by dummies
Excellent value for money. Many manuals are written by people who are experienced with the product and so miss the basics, as with all things 'if you do not master the basics, you will struggle to progress'. This manual addresses those basics.
Published on 22 Mar 2011 by Wag 78

I was hoping an easy guide would get used by me father, but no, he stills me up first. I had a read, and it goes through the basics in very bland manner. Does what it says on the cover, but in my particular case may be more useful to bang my head against.

Published 3 months ago by David Pursehouse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars not written by dummies, 22 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sketchup book, 28 Aug 2011
Mr. Brian P. Willis "Causeway" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book came very quickly (as usual with Amazon) and is exactly as described. I keep it in the toilet and learn a new procedure at every visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you use sketch up, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
I used sketch up quite a bit before buying this book and was finding it quite difficult to use. When I got this book I realised just how limited my knowledge of sketch up was. You can do so much that I didn't realise and this book tells you how and is so easy to follow. Essential buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars not dumb at all, 27 Dec 2011
A must buy...

There's nothing more I can say, if you're interested in learning Sketch-up you need this book. It's very easy to follow helped by the on-line tutorials. yes the links are on YouTube but its always good to have the book to refer to. There are also a few points in the book not covered 100% on-line.

1.0 out of 5 stars necessary images too small to see., 27 May 2014
This book is rendered useless by the digitization process as all of the images that are required to be able to see to work with the book are completely illegible. I really wanted to have this book on my device but had to return it. Why did no one check the quality of this before selling it??

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my 70+ year old father, he still calls me to find out how to do things, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)

I'm not a massive fan of the "dummies" series, they are good to start you off, but quickly you outgrow them. This one is no exception, would be nicer to see link to examples or tutorials included to get you a bit further.

4.0 out of 5 stars SketchUp guide, 22 Nov 2013
Wendy E. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This is an easy to use guide for both beginners and regular users of SketchUp. Easy to follow work plans to guide through the processes

4.0 out of 5 stars Not mac friendly, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book helps me out of so many scrapes, it's ideal for anyone interested in CAD software who wants a free program.

The only problem is that all of the descriptions are for windows based machines and the layout for macs is very different. It would have been handy if there was a single page saying where each command can be found on a mac so you could refer back to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 11 Sep 2013
As a technical book this not only well written for beginners such as my self it is also pleasurable to read end to end and brilliant as a quick reference guide. The author manages to keep you engaged and interested throughout. You will not regret buying this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and helpful, 4 Aug 2013
DB (Paisley, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a great book for novices and more infrequent users of sketchup (who may need reminding of the program now and again)
There are a wealth of videos online, by the author, to back-up the teaching in print in a more hands on way, which in my eyes gives you a complete belt and braces approach to learning the program. If you read about a particular method and don't quite understand, you can go online, what it happen and then use sketchup yourself there and then to do it. Sure, just having a pile of vids to watch would be a good way to learn, but having the book means you can read and learn when not at your computer.
I like to read this at night, using little post-it flags to mark sections to watch the next day online or try on sketchup itself.
This book has been invaluable to me for teaching all manner of basics and routines.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies
Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies by Aidan Chopra (Paperback - 28 Jan 2011)
14.95