5.0 out of 5 stars not written by dummies
Excellent value for money. Many manuals are written by people who are experienced with the product and so miss the basics, as with all things 'if you do not master the basics, you will struggle to progress'. This manual addresses those basics.
Published on 22 Mar. 2011 by Wag 78

I was hoping an easy guide would get used by me father, but no, he stills me up first. I had a read, and it goes through the basics in very bland manner. Does what it says on the cover, but in my particular case may be more useful to bang my head against.

Published 10 months ago by David Pursehouse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars not written by dummies, 22 Mar. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sketchup book, 28 Aug. 2011
Mr. Brian P. Willis "Causeway" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book came very quickly (as usual with Amazon) and is exactly as described. I keep it in the toilet and learn a new procedure at every visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars not dumb at all, 27 Dec. 2011
A must buy...

There's nothing more I can say, if you're interested in learning Sketch-up you need this book. It's very easy to follow helped by the on-line tutorials. yes the links are on YouTube but its always good to have the book to refer to. There are also a few points in the book not covered 100% on-line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you use sketch up, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
I used sketch up quite a bit before buying this book and was finding it quite difficult to use. When I got this book I realised just how limited my knowledge of sketch up was. You can do so much that I didn't realise and this book tells you how and is so easy to follow. Essential buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and helpful, 4 Aug. 2013
DB (Paisley, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a great book for novices and more infrequent users of sketchup (who may need reminding of the program now and again)
There are a wealth of videos online, by the author, to back-up the teaching in print in a more hands on way, which in my eyes gives you a complete belt and braces approach to learning the program. If you read about a particular method and don't quite understand, you can go online, what it happen and then use sketchup yourself there and then to do it. Sure, just having a pile of vids to watch would be a good way to learn, but having the book means you can read and learn when not at your computer.
I like to read this at night, using little post-it flags to mark sections to watch the next day online or try on sketchup itself.
This book has been invaluable to me for teaching all manner of basics and routines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Become a sketchup master !, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is well written and structured well, to bring you from beginner through to a master of sketchup

The online windows which accompany this book - are a great help too.

The book is geared towards and uses architecture for the learning examples, but the author states and as you know, sketchup although heavily geared towards 3D architectural drawings, sketchup can be used for many other things

This is my very first "for dummies" book and I think I have picked a great one.

Congrats must go to the author for his style of writing, and for the thought he has puit into the breakdown of the lessons.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter especially for architects, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this after getting stuck using a more advanced book, and have found it a useful introduction for the basics of Sketchup. I still needed help and consulted someone who helped me out of a few jams, however I found it easy to follow and pretty thorough. Its examples are making buildings, whereas I want to produce landscape designs, so I will be also consulting the Daniel Tal book Google Sketchup for Landscape Design.

I've not finished the book yet - this could be a five star book by the time I've finished!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my 70+ year old father, he still calls me to find out how to do things, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)

I'm not a massive fan of the "dummies" series, they are good to start you off, but quickly you outgrow them. This one is no exception, would be nicer to see link to examples or tutorials included to get you a bit further.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so easy, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
I thought I had a decent knowledge from my self teaching of Sketchup.

How wrong I was. There are so many shortcuts hints and help in this book. I have been through the whole lot and will no doubt be referring to it again in the future.

This book has made complicated models manageable. It is geared towards Architecture that was ok for me but the techniques can be applied to produce anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not mac friendly, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book helps me out of so many scrapes, it's ideal for anyone interested in CAD software who wants a free program.

The only problem is that all of the descriptions are for windows based machines and the layout for macs is very different. It would have been handy if there was a single page saying where each command can be found on a mac so you could refer back to it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies
Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies by Aidan Chopra (Paperback - 28 Jan. 2011)