4.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS BOOK!
I'm actually taking the Cisco CCNA Exam this summer. This book is perfect for revision! Much better than the online powerpoints, so much more information; it's the best! Definitely get it if you're stuck for revision methods!
Published on 14 May 2011 by nikkiee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Structure & content. Missing something.
Finding this author very ambiguous at times, perhaps its me? Read some of the reviews apprently not. Overall it appears to be a reasonble study companion.
Published on 4 Dec 2011 by rivet master

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars GET THIS BOOK!, 14 May 2011
This review is from: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-802) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Structure & content. Missing something., 4 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 22 Nov 2011
I really like the book because it provides examples at each chapter
the reader can easily understand the learning material and the print screens.

very good, keep up the good work. worthy for your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars At best average, 28 Jun 2011
I have Lammle's book from 10 or so years ago and thought it was good back then. After almost a decade away from routers etc., I am studying CCNA again, but this time with the Cisco Academy online, and wanted a book to leaf through and make notes.

I was disappointed with this book. The index is not very comprehensive. There is no summary of commands like in the earlier book. Some key topics from the Cisco Academy course are simply glossed over with hardly any detail or completely missing. For example, the Routing Table is glossed over without going into recursive look up, parent & child routes etc. - all covered in detail in the Cisco course with questions asked on their ERouting exam.

Perhaps most annoying is that Lammle leaves so many questions dangling and merely says something like 'I'll cover this later in the chapter' or 'in a later chapter'. You then have to spend ages thumbing and scanning pages to find out where he returns to the point to complete the explanation. Often when you get there, the explanation doesn't really add very much.

I know the book is intended to be a 'cram' book, but the questions on the ENetworks and ERouting exams I have taken so far have required more than just the memorisation of certain facts.

The proof is in the pudding and I have to admit that I seldom use this book as it doesn't really offer anything.

I wish I'd bought one of the Cisco Press books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 19 Jan 2013
Useful book and one explains stuff better than the Official Cisco books. I recommend it. I would use it in conjunction with other materials though such as training vids or another written source. CCNA is such a vast topic.

3.0 out of 5 stars CCNA Study Guide Kindle Edition no CDRom content, 19 April 2012
The description for the books references a CDRom, I bought the Kindle edition so I can carry it around with me but I also need the content from the CDRom. How do I get this content, is there a download site that I can go to or is this something that Amazon will provide?

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget Lammle, get cisco., 20 Jun 2011
I bought this book because everybody was raving about how Lammle really explained things on an easy way. I was very disappointed and not only in the extremely bad quality of the paper. Lammle only talks about the stuff you need to know without really explaining them. I have read certain parts several times without ever finding out what he's talking about. I bought the 4 books from cisco for the ICND1 and ICND2 exams and had many AHA! moments that I never found in Lammle's books. Save yourself the money and buy the Cisco books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 9 May 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in a career in networking. I am a first year games development student and this book was recommended for my networking module and I must say it hasn't let me down. come with a PDF, Test software to practice what you've learned flash cards for hand held devices. If you couple this book with wireshark (free software) and either router simulator or Cisco Packet Tracer you will be well on your way to success.

Delivery was much quicker than expected 10/10 would buy again

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, 7 Aug 2013
Very nice and comprehensive book.I had to read the academy books 1st to get into the whole idea.This book focuses to more key points than the academy books so it is useful to "run" the whole reading process and revision process quickly.It contains the whole theory in a more shorted way easier to read and understand.The cd didn't contain as much labs as i would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 2 Aug 2013
Michael R. Owen (Pontardawe) - See all my reviews
This book, plus the official books along with CBT and ine helped me pass my CCNA R&S.

Note that the exam is being made obsolete in September with a more updated curriculum.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-802)
CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-802) by Todd Lammle (Paperback - 1 April 2011)