5.0 out of 5 stars Elements of Dessert
Brought it as a present for my Chef son. Who has found it a very interesting and above all, very useful. The book is full of very useful guides to assist in the creation of the recipes in the book. The delivery was fast and before due date, which I was very impressed with.
Published 10 months ago by Stephen R. Boulton

3.0 out of 5 stars Erm.......
Please understand how technical this book is. As my name suggests I can hold my own with desserts. But this book really digs deep and you really need to have worked in some form of patisserie or high end restaurant to stand any chance of recreating any of the dishes. Certainly no sticky toffee pudding in this monster of a cookbook.......
Published 13 months ago by The master baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated for me, 26 April 2014
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
I'm a pub chef and wanted to expand my dessert offerings and knowledge so thought I'd add this to my collection.

The creations within are stunning, and I would love to try all of them.

There may be a few techniques I could use but the majority of it was all far too complex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements of Dessert, 11 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
Got this book for my husband who is a chef and he loves it. He is very much impressed by the content of it. Has a great amount of knowledge and information in it. He recomends it to anybody who wants to be on a professional level in regards to desserts. He has many books but this one is one of his favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
What can I say, this book is packed with unusual but well thought out balanced desserts and mignardeses which may be a chalenge for even experienced chefs. Lots of technical details are in here, nothing is left out. As always Mr Migoya has been thorough and concise. A real tour de force!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
This book did not disappoint. The desserts in this book are modern, exciting and stunningly executed. The photography is beautiful, and every element of the dessert you see pictured from the sauce to the décor is included in the recipes. You won't find traditional or hot plated desserts in this book, and some of the recipes and techniques may be just out of reach for the home cook or pastry chef in an average kitchen (e.g. use of dehydrator and molecular cooking ingredients) but still, this beautiful book and definitely a book that you will return to again and again for plating and recipe inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, simply great, 12 Feb 2014
N. J. Hope-shannon "cookie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
Not just a recipe book this is pure knowledge. This is the best reference to deserts yet so much new info to what I thought I already knew

3.0 out of 5 stars Erm......., 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that makes Oliver, Ramsay, Michael Roux Jr. sweat, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
First of all let me tell you something that I am a trained chef and working as a pastry/dessert chef since last 7 years. Throughout these years I have got many many books on desserts, pastry & baking from continental chefs, an aussie chef, singaporean chef and until an year ago an american chef called Nick Malgieri.

The book from Nick Malgieri changed my whole opinion about not only american chefs but also it farther my horizons. But when I received this book it compeletely blew me away. I have owned about 16 books on pastries, baking and desserts and I consider my collection pretty comprehensive but this book rules them all. It is very simply THE BEST. There is no other word but it is just PERFECT.

I THANK CHEF MIGOYA FROM BOTTOM OF MY HEART

2.0 out of 5 stars expected more, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
the book is ok from the layout and pic are beautiful, just the dessert itself are very small and unusual , after the Modern Cafe and Frozen Dessert iam disappoint about this one!

2.0 out of 5 stars so so, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Dessert (Hardcover)
for home use is too professional, all the recipes are in topsy-turvy layout, u need lot of time to find the recipe, lack of pictures

The Elements of Dessert
The Elements of Dessert by The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) (Hardcover - 23 Nov 2012)