This is quite a nice book but I feel the title is misleading. It really has few 'bag' projects and lots of ideas for pincushions and pillows. A lot of the projects use felt applique which needs to be hand sewn. The designs are charming but like one of the other reviewers, I agree that if you don't like quilting, patchwork then this probably isn't thebook for you.
on 20 September 2011
I love this book!! The ideas are great - there is something for every level of sewer. Beautiful easy gifts to make with clear, easy to follow instructions. Better Homes and Gardens publications never disappoint me.
on 19 January 2012
A lovely book to browse and use. The fabrics used are modern but I am sure that if you checked your stash...you know, the fabrics you purchased years ago but were too beautiful to use then and now seem outdated..... you will find some that can be used on the smaller projects.
on 21 July 2011
Whilst the book was very nice, and the quality excellent, it wasn't really for me. When I ordered the book I failed to notice the small title at the bottom of the front cover that said it was from the editors of American Patchwork and Quilting....meaning more than half of the projects were for patchwork etc. I was very disappointed as this left me with fewer projects to make. My intention was to make some large bags quickly, but as they were mainly patchwork this was a no go for me. However if you are into patchwork then great!
on 21 March 2013
Lots of quick n easy projects to do, clear and understandable instructions to follow. Clear and colourful pictures show the finished product
on 11 January 2013
book looks great and fill me with the thought to start sewing again ready for next christmas, will enjoy it I am sure
on 19 January 2014
This book has loads of quick and easy ideas for items to be made. I have a stall at some craft fairs and at our local cats and dogs home when the Spring, Easter, Summer and Christmas Fairs are held. I make the goods and sell them to make money for the animal home.
on 31 December 2013
loved this book, have made all the bags and pin cushions as gifts for friends and for my self, still go back and find more projects to make.
excellent
on 19 December 2013
This book will be perfect for me, as a beginner it is going to be very useful to me. Look's like there are lots of projects to try out :)
on 27 January 2014
this book was a present and the person who i gave it to was very pleased with it and there are some nice gifts to make .