5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent for anyone studying the basics of circuit analysis
Published on 19 May 2004 by Wes Lindon

1.0 out of 5 stars What could have been a good book.
I got the book to learn myself the basics of circuit analysis. The book looked good, and I started to read through the first chapter. After I was done with the first chapter I wanted to do the problems to see if I had learned anything from this chapter. Then I found out that there are no solutions to the problems in this book whatsoever!!

So even if I learn...
Published 23 months ago by Daniel Larsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent for anyone studying the basics of circuit analysis, 19 May 2004
Like the title itself says, this is an introductory book on Circuit Analysis. In the first year of my engineering graduation, I used this book for the subject of Basic Circuit Analysis and found it to be extremely helpful. I think I can even say that this book made my life a lot easier, since the author - J. David Irwin - did a very good job on explaining concepts and circuit analysis basic methods and laws very clearly.
The book is very well structred, objective and and the subjects are easily understandable for the reader with little or none electronic circuit knowledge: every chapter starts with an introduction and a list of helpful topics which the author named "Learning Goals"; then, everytime a new concept/law/method is introduced, the author tests the reader to see if he did comprehend what has been explained to him by presenting him with very basic exercices, "Learning by Doing"; the author also provides the reader with "Learning Hints" on a regular basis, which can be interpreted as algorithms to solve certain problems or simple hints for the reader to do the exercice correctly, avoiding typical mistakes; at last, when a resonable amount of concepts have been introduced, the book features many "Learing Examples" with resolutions (note that resolutions can be of an extreme importance when the reader cannot understand how a certain problem is solved).
«Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis» covers everything that a book of this kind (introductory book) should cover, and even more, all in a clear way: basic concepts (quantities and electrical elements), resistive circuits (where the ohm and kirchhoff's laws are introduced), circuit analysis techniques (nodal and loop analysis), equivalent circuits (superposition, thévenin and norton's theorems), capacitance and inductance, first and second-order transcient circuits, AC steady-state analysis, magnetically coupled networks, steady-state power analysis, polyphase circuits, variable frequency network performance, the laplace and fourier tranforms (and applications to circuit analysis - e.g. bode diagrams), two-part networks and basic semiconductor circuits (diodes and transistors).
In my opinion, this is an excelent book for everyone who wants to study the basics of electrical circuit analysis. I highly recommend it for that purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Circuit Analysis Begginers studying Electrical and Computers Engineering, 4 Oct 2009
Jose Leitao - See all my reviews
This book is never boring, has lots of practical examples (real world examples), and shows the reader the contents in various ways such as , text , examples, small exercises.. It's very interactive although it's only a book.

1.0 out of 5 stars What could have been a good book., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Engineering Circuit Analysis (Paperback)

So even if I learn something from this book, I cannot control my calculations.

So for anyone thinking of buying this book to teach themself circuit analysis, don't!!

Engineering Circuit Analysis
Engineering Circuit Analysis by Robert M. Nelms (Paperback - 12 April 2011)