4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic guide
Published on 25 July 2011 by Susanne (Teacher)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
I liked the for dummies structure, exercises were fairly good I felt that the book referred to other sources of information too often.
Published 3 months ago by Haf

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic guide, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
I was happy with Motivation for Dummies. It provided me with a good basic guide of motivation theories and then some ideas of how motivation can be worked on. I have studied the motivation theories before on several courses of study, but this text explained them at least as clearly, if not clearer, than a teacher in a classroom. Much of the book was for the individual to improve his own motivation, I would really have prefered a little less of a 'self-help' book, that would have got the fifth star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation for Dummies, 7 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
It's so easy not to do something, so many excuses to choose from - all identified in this book! But as I had some important things to sort out in my life I needed help and this book provides simple tips and ideas, and a different way of thinking that helped me just get on with it. Even if there isn't 'that' project to do, I learnt a lot that helps me with everyday mundane stuff. 10 out of 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation for Dummies, 17 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Was given Gillian Burn's "Energy and Well-Being Pocketbook" years ago which started me on a journey of trying to understand energy and motivation in my life - it helped me so much that when I saw her "Motivation for Dummies" I had to give that a go too - so glad I did - I was able to take so much from it and actually enjoy putting into practise the things I learnt. I have got so much better at organising and forward planning - I found it to be an excellent practical guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation, 16 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my brother for Christmas. While I was wrapping it I couldn't help delving into it, and became fascinated by how little I understood about what motivates me. It's a great book for learning more about yourself. I've had to buy a copy for myself now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 Oct. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't summon up the motivation to finish it!, 10 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
I know this is "Motivation for Dummies", but I found it way too dumbed down. I wanted some tips on how to get motivated, but haven't found them here. There seem to be a lot of lists just to fill space e.g. a list of possible incentives, (with a paragraph describing each one), which includes a new outfit, a weekend away, a meal out; a list of tasks which it might give one satisfaction to complete ("paying the bills" anyone?) etc. I found this book a total waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
This book is excellent, it covers every aspect of motivation in clear and user friendly language and the numerous tips and anecdotes really helps to relate the content to everyday life. It's clearly organised and takes you through the topics step by step, but as the author advises, you can also dip into specific sections. I particularly liked the sections on identifying priorities and goal setting, and found them very helpful. I now set clear priorities and understand how important it is to clearly identifying the goal - for example, the goal is not just to join a gym, but to lose weight / get fitter. Not only do I now achieve more, I don't find myself endlessly fretting about all the things I need to get done. Great book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. absolute rubbish, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Talk about someone stating the obvious in a book to make a quick buck. This book really is for 'dummies'. I have never read such absolute rubbish in my life. It offers no real help at all and just states things we all knew (as kids).
I bought it on kindle but if I could get a refund, I would. I didn't want to leave any stars to rate this but had to. I really begrudge rating this a one star - it is minus 10.
Don't buy this unless you really want your intelligence insulting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 20 Feb. 2010
S (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) (Paperback)
Great book. It really helped me to get on and do some of those things I had been putting off.

Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition)
Motivation for Dummies (UK Edition) by Gillian Burn (Paperback - 29 Aug. 2008)