on 1 March 2011
My sister and I have just returned from a long weekend in Budapest. This guidebook was indispensible as we didn't waste a moment trying to decide what sights to see and the most efficient way to plan our days. We loved the walking guides - best in one/two/three days! We utitlised all sections of the book including dining, coffee shops and using public transport etc. The separate map in the back cover was excellent and the book was the perfect size to fit in my handbag!

In short we had a fabulous trip and will most certainly be using other Frommer Guidebooks for future city breaks.
on 18 May 2011
This book is useful for planning your days and effectivly covers the main sites. However some of the facts are inaccurate. One glaring mistake is on the metro map that it provides. It tells you to leave at a certain stop for Heroes Square, but then a when you look at the map there is two stations of that name. One of them is wrong and should actually be Oktogon.

Also one of the facts it states is that the Ludwig musueum houses famous art from Picasso to Lichenstein amongst local artists. This was worth a visit in our eyes as these are some of our favourite artists. Ludwig is a little out the way (About 15 minutes on the Number 2 tram from Chain Bridge), however when we got there, there was no sign of said artists. The exhibitons are good and the museum is worth a visit but our hopes were a little dashed.

Prices are outdtaed now (Can't blame the book on that one) and also some restarants no longer exist (Miso on Castle hill is one, again can't blame the book on that one). One thing I felt this book severly lacked was a suitable public transport map. It does include the metro system but for some unknown reason it seems to exclude the tram system and the bus system. I can understand emitting the bus routes but the trams I felt were an essential part to quickly getting round the city and it seemed impossible to find anywhere that offers a tourist map of this system which made planning your routes very hard.

All in all a useful guide but felt it would be best suited to a companion book such as a Rough Guide or Lonley Planet. If it wasn't for the lack of tram routes and a few errors I would have given it 5 stars.
on 11 January 2011
I am a huge fan of Frommer's Day by Day guides and this one doesn't disappoint. Colourful, plenty of pictures and plenty of information for anyone visiting for either a short or longer period of time. The book will talk you through daily itineries as well as what you may like to do with children etc. A must buy!
on 12 December 2012
We have used these books before and they are ideal for a city break visit and provide all the information you could possibly want. Highly recommended.
on 4 March 2013
this book is just what i was looking for , the right amount of info for a short stay ...excellent
on 29 October 2014