5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful NLP book, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
As a trained NLP practitioner who uses NLP I had some concern that this book was written for "Dummies", but I bought it because it had so much content, whereas some other business NLP books are a bit lightweight. I was really pleased to find lots of useful and straightforward applications of NLP in an organisational context, some I had never thought of, and some I just previously hadn't had the confidence to use. Glad I bought it - I've definitely got my money's-worth already.

5.0 out of 5 stars NLP made accessible, 25 Nov 2011
Lifelong Student (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
What an ingenious inclusion for the Dummies' guides. Not only does Ms Cooper ensure the concepts of NLP are accessible, she applies them to real situations in the business environment. There is nothing more disengaging than all theory and no scenarios. I found Chapter 15: Maximising Success through Change particularly enlightening and feel it should be prerequisite reading for any MD considering introducing change in their organisations. Congratulations to Ms Cooper who so evidently has a breadth of experience of NLP and can articulate it so proficiently.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great intro to NLP....lots of typos though!, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
This book was my first real introduction to NLP and I found it very informative and insightful. By the end I was gagging to learn more about NLP. What let this book down though was the amount of typos; these are distracting and can disturb a train of thought. For a "Dummies" book, I found this surprising. Toward the second half of the book I seemed to find a typo/error every second page. Just looking at the book now I see these examples: page 283 "using others' patterns iwhen communicating with them", page 281 "some people have old me". These are not deal-breakers but they do detract from an otherwise excellent book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to read and understand, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is exactly as it sounds: informative, simply to understand, clear and concise to the level expected. As reviewed previously it gives you a good base to then go and research further.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 23 May 2011
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book as a gift for a colleague and it was received with great enthusiasm! I haven't heard yet from the owner about the content but from what I've seen myself I am positive it's a good book. "For dummies" books are often great gift ideas since they are useful, do not take much of your time and you can find one for any interest/taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Business NLP for Dummies, 16 Feb 2009
David J. Jansons "djansons" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
This complex subject has been very skillfully tackled in this book. Each stage is very well explained and important points highlighted. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and practical - with a Clean twist, 30 Dec 2008
J. Rees "Judy Rees" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
Want a straightforward, practical book to help you make a start with NLP? If you work in any kind of business or organisation, this one fits the bill.

All the most useful concepts and activities from the world of NLP are here, potted into neat bite-sized pieces. And, at last, Clean Language takes its rightful place among them - as far as I know, this is the first mainstream NLP title to include it as a specific topic.

Pragmatic and practical, Lynne Cooper focuses on the real and the realistic. In simple step-by-step instructions, she suggests ways for the reader to change themselves, which in turn may influence others.

Her style of NLP is low on esoteric mystery, and steers clear of `manipulation' using the cleverest linguistic tricks, which may feel like `dumbing down' to a few NLPers. But I believe it's hugely valuable in welcoming newcomers to our field.

For example, her `Five Minute Coach' model is based on Clean Language, it largely strips away the Clean view of metaphor. When I first heard about it, I thought that seemed a shame - metaphor is a fascinating aspect of the Clean approach which I feel passionate about. But the truth is that if this model gets people interested, they will follow up Cooper's references and soon discover more in-depth material.

Cooper is working to make NLP-based concepts more accessible, while acknowledging sources and offering links, and so helping people to explore further. This exciting world of thinking about thinking doesn't have a single entrance, hidden at the back of an obscure spare-room wardrobe: in this book there dozens of possible ways in, which may suit many more people. I wonder what happens next?

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of useful information, 4 Jan 2013
J. R. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Business NLP For Dummies (Paperback)
Having been a practitioner for some years I can confidently say that this book is well worth investing in! It is full of good ideas and useful information and the author has made it very easy to read and digest

5.0 out of 5 stars Business NLP for Dummies, 9 July 2012
This book is excellent.
I am studying NLP and found this book easy to follow in conjunction with my studies. It would also be great for general use in business and would be an asset for anyone looking to improve in all areas at work. It is easy to read, has a great layout and is very good for backtracking and referencing.

ARRAY(0xb4beccf0)

Business NLP For Dummies
Business NLP For Dummies by Lynne Cooper (Paperback - 5 Dec 2008)
10.87