5.0 out of 5 stars Everything explained.
Published on 22 Feb 2010 by J. G. Thatcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Older and wiser
Published on 24 Jan 2012 by robin bath

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything explained., 22 Feb 2010
J. G. Thatcher (Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Photography for the Older and Wiser: A Step-by-step Guide (The Third Age Trust (U3A)/Older & Wiser) (Paperback)
As a leader of a U3A camera group I have been searching for a suitable book to act as a syllabus. Most books only pay lip service to the compact camera before plunging into the intricacies of the DSLR. Most of my group are not interested in carrying around the weight of an SLR and its lenses, but wish to make the most of the cameras they have. This book covers all the important aspects from buying your camera, getting started, shooting good pictures and dowloading and printing them. Picasa and Photoshop Elements are covered and uploading to sharing sites. It's hard to think of much that is not covered.
When my group saw it they were delighted and promptly put in a bulk order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, easy to follow, not just for the older!, 27 Feb 2010
F. A. Robertson (Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very well written. I bought it as an aid for my mother (the older and wiser bit) however, on flicking through it before sending it off, I realised how useful it would be to me too! I ordered another and have found it to be invaluable - full of interesting tips, hints and it explains why things happen and how to fix them. Top notch, glad to have discovered it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Older and wiser, 24 Jan 2012
This book certainly assumes no prior knowledge. Having said that, I did find the space devoted to covering the very basics was over generous. I could have done with a couple of extra chapters that would have taken me on further. Most of the time I buy on Amazon I am happy with my choice. This time, had I looked at it in a bookshop, I would have put it back on the shelf. I was attracted by the U3A link and it being aimed at those of us who have had come more latterly to things digital. But there really was no stretch in it. I have kept it for reference or to lend to others.
It is written clearly and the illustrations are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 11 Mar 2014
Having bought a new camera, this was simple & easy for the mature to read. I hope to improve my photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 14 Sep 2013
This book is so easy to understand for older people who are just starting out into digital photography
Well worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Digital photography, 5 Sep 2013
I have only browsed quickly through the early part of the book and realised I was passed this stage. As always the older and wiser books are very good and clearly written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written for the absolute novice., 20 May 2013
Mrs. H. (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
If you are a complete novice to digital cameras, then this is the book for you. It has loads of really useful information about how to choose your digital camera and all its accessories, and then leads the reader gently through how to take photos with it and how to download them into the computer and even use some image-editing software. It covers printing and even uploading the images for email and to social networking sites. Fabulous book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Digital Photography for Older and Wiser, 24 Mar 2013
This was a gift for a friend who had just bought a new digital camera. I don't have any feedback about this book yet