I have just started a new job related to upstream fiscal modelling (previously from different sector doing cost and revenue modelling).

Published 14 months ago by Craig R. Goldie

3.0 out of 5 stars You'd better be ready if you're in any way unusual
Published 9 months ago by Duncan Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars first class material for leaning the rudiments of upstream fiscal modelling, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Upstream Petroleum Fiscal and Valuation Modeling in Excel: A Worked Examples Approach (Hardcover)

I ordered and have now read most of this book which I have to say has been a great resource--I couldn't find anything that goes into the calculations detail so thanks to Ken and David for publishing! Is a very clear and lucid study. It has helped me get an idea of how things are done in the industry (e.g. the GOCF ELT thing, which still seems backward to me!?..) with some great Excel modelling techniques too.

If you want to get a handle on the nuts and bolts of upstream project modelling this is an extremely accessible and relevant guide to help you do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent training course for people who want to build economic ..., 25 Aug. 2014
Davoud Bardal (UK) - See all my reviews
Without a doubt this book is the most comprehensive book in upstream economic. The actual fact is that this is not only a book. This is an excellent training course for people who want to build economic models from scratch. Apart from the book the attached CD includes a lot of exercises with detailed explanations which in fact could be sold separately but is available free of charge. I highly recommend this book for petroleum engineers, student of economics as well as professional people who are involved somehow in upstream petroleum economics. Ken and David have done a brilliant job.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most complete book on this subject with Excel examples, 28 Sept. 2013
Study and work with this excellent book, you will become an expert on this subject in three months or less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally well written that addresses all the requisite areas of ..., 25 May 2015
Exceptionally well written that addresses all the requisite areas of Upstream financial modelling in a painstaking but clear manner. An essential book for Oil and Gas professionals

3.0 out of 5 stars You'd better be ready if you're in any way unusual, 14 Aug. 2014
Duncan Williamson "Tall Tyke" (Halifax West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I think the book is fine but I cannot confirm it. I bought the Kindle version knowing that I would need to download the CD/support files from somewhere. I wrote to Wiley by clicking through the email link in the book that applied to someone like me ... Kindle version buyer. NOTHING. Over a week, NOTHING. I wrote again NOTHING. I eventually went back to their site and found a live chat link ... I started chatting but was then thrown off. However, they sent a transcript of the conversation I did manage to have by email and could then talk to someone directly, albeit over email.

They told me they had not received any email from me containing my proof of purchase. In the end I sent that proof of purchase FOUR times.

I tried to tell them that I live in a remote part of Thailand so getting their CD to me could be problematic ... so I asked for an online link if there is one. They never answered that question. Each time they merely said, include your mailing address and we will send the CD "soon".

Three weeks later and I have no idea whether my CD is on its way, if I can track the delivery ...

I bought this book equally for the CD files as for the technical content and the content is not enough on its own to allow me to recreate the Excel files that I want to use.